Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

"Weird Al" was on it? Dang. I skipped it because the synopsis on my channel guide sounded dumb. It's one thing to retcon the ages of the characters to place them in the 90s. But what's dumb is there's no point where Marge would've been old enough to go to college, and not either knocked-up or married.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    "Weird Al" was on it? Dang.
    He was on while Homer was watching TV, doing a parody of a Nirvana song, I think. Can't recall.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Homer had invented grunge music and then went into deeper depression all because Marge was in love with her professor. The height of Homer's fame came when Weird Al made a parody song & video of one of Homer's grunge songs.

I thought it was a really weak episode, nothing was funny and it smacked of "we're going to refer to this from now on as canon history in a ha-ha way".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    But what's dumb is there's no point where Marge would've been old enough to go to college, and not either knocked-up or married.
    Bart and Lisa actually did the math and realized Marge didn't get knocked up right after high school. Since Marge is around 40, that left a 10-12 year gap between high school and Bart's birth.

All things considered, I thought it was a fairly decent episode for The Simpsons. Nothing to write home about though.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

It was OK, kind of blew the whole Simpson time line they established
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I got a good chuckle out of the mentally retarded professor/dean. "Duh I'll give you your PhD...Pound Head Down!" Other than that it was of a so-so episode. If there is anything worth praising in the long run about this episode it would probably have to be Marge's new design/look for the college flashbacks. In my opinion out of all the previous looks Marge has undergone over the years (green dress, business suit, cop, high school, prom, child, brunette child at camp, etc.) her college look has probably been the most attractive out of the whole bunch.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 01-30-2008 at 02:44 AM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Did they also retcon Dr Hibbert's awesome afro?

Not that it matters. Try to use several episodes to figure out Wiggum's age, and it all goes straight to hell.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Try and figure anyone's real age and your brain will melt.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Yeah, but he's a major extreme. In one episode, he's about 15-20 years older than Homer as a kid. In another, they're the same age.

Flanders is kinda the same; though they now consistently treat him like he's a really well-preserved old guy, some earlier episodes implied he was about Homer's age.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It was a watchable episode I guess, but does nothing to change my opinion that this show should have ended a few years ago.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.