Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Homer paid the New York Times crossword puzzle writer and editor to hide an apology in there for Lisa. All was forgiven.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I thought this was a pretty solid episode; I found myself laughing quite a bit. I loved the use of "Word up" during the crossword scene, nicely placed. And homer's comment, "you know, for a bar bookie, you're awfully judgmental" really got me gigglin.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Good ending. Thanks for the 4-1-1, Rocketboy!

My favorite part (did like the "Word Up" montage, too) was the tribute to the words removed from the dictionary, especially the pause and louder clapping for "hootenany" (I think that was the word) at its end. Why did you have to die, mimeograph?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

i thought it was a cute episode. the ending touched my heart with the Homer / Lisa moment
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I didn't see the new episode. I was watching the 7:30 re-run, which was the worst use ever of Denis Leary in any film or TV show. It was such a total waste of time, I couldn't sit through a second one.

Though occasionally it surprises a little, this show needs to be shot. It went from the best TV show at the time (and still one of the best of all time) to one of the worst over the past ten years. Even if you hated the Seinfeld finale, what's happened to The Simpsons is exactly why Jerry Seinfeld gave it the axe before it got too bloated.

It's sad that the direct-to-DVD releases show there's still a lot of mileage in Futurama, yet that's the one that got canceled.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This week's one went back to the social commentary style; the two stories weren't about the same issue, but they certainly showed how problematic some aspects of society today have become. Not really a "funny" episode, but a good one. No attempt to cover up the "Mapple" names, and the ethnic stereotyping sadly was too close to reality by some people.

Liked the chalkboard-couch gag, too (but Bart's chalkboard phrase was a precursor for the tone of the show).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    This week's one went back to the social commentary style...but they certainly showed how problematic some aspects of society today have become. Not really a "funny" episode, but a good one. ...and the ethnic stereotyping sadly was too close to reality by some people.
    And about 7 years too late.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

IMO, this was a supremely lazy episode. The "social commentary" on both sides didn't fit the tone of the series at all, it didn't fit the characters, and it didn't provide laughs. This one goes on the turd shelf next to Saddlesore Galactica. It felt to me like, right from the chalkboard gag, they didn't have the teeth to deal with the jokes here, the topics were over their head and required either more aggressive jokes or defter writing. And the level of convolution to get main characters from point A to B was shameful.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

this weeks episode was alright, not a huge fan of it. the only funny part was when Homer blew up the bridge that lead to the Duff Beer Factory.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Homer puts on black gloves in an episode the same weekend that OJ's verdict comes out? Hmm...