Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

"The Simpsons: We've Stopped Trying to be Funny"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, this week's couch gag was clearly mocking the concept itself.

I liked the story, and the artwork was pretty good, too. Sad thing, is most kids probably wouldn't think anything 1984-esque about Skinner's comments about his Facebook searching, nothing wrong with his cyber-stalking.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Sadly, yes. And proving every week how right Jerry Seinfeld was to axe his show while it was still good.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Couch gag, I thought they did a merch joke before with it, but this had CBG so I guess that makes the 8 fans left happy.

The episode I felt was pretty lackluster, as unfortunately most Lisa-centric ones are. I think this one was based on a movie, but I can't remember what.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's a shame it's still going. I agree with Chux and they should've just left it about 5-7 years ago and been on top. It's also unfortunate that the movie came out about a decade too late (even though I've heard that is was pretty good).
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think this one was based on a movie, but I can't remember what.
    Ironically, it kinda seemed like The Never Ending Story to me. Where reality meets fiction. Or perhaps Jumanji or Bridge to Terabithia.

It was Bridge to Teribithia without a doubt
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah, that was it, thanks, that was nagging at me.

This week's was another revisit the past, but in an alternative realities way rather than a we're-gonna-just-throw-out-the-past-as-a-joke. The "new" opening is decent; I liked the pictures on the wall of the characters who've died (I could only make out Bleeding Gums Murphy, though).