Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    It was Bridge to Teribithia without a doubt
    I thought it might be Bridge to Teribithia when I read the episode description, but I say it was much more based on Peter Jackson's Heavenly Creatures. I've not seen Bridge to Teribithia, but whole overly intense friendship, fantasy kingdom and writing novels about their adventures here is Heavenly Creatures.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

When (hopefully not "if" ) The Simpsons has a teachers' focus DVD, this episode should be the first one included. For anyone who knows the absurdity of standardized testing, this was both humorous and disheartening. I see the new intro as more like Futurama's. Was surprised that the Homer-getting-hurt montage didn't include his stint on Hullabalooza being shot with the cannonball.
    "That's what Sheev said."

The Ned-as-landlord plot worked fairly well. I chuckled a couple times. "Detroit Lions Fan" t-shirt: semi-topical, current, sadly funny.

Despite the clues directed at the audience, I liked this one. Wondering if it's meant to parody The DaVinci Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Despite the clues directed at the audience, I liked this one. Wondering if it's meant to parody The DaVinci Code.
    According to the guide description it was cross parody of that, National Treasure, and other similar movies.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Nun pirate ship was funny, those visuals are stuck in my head.

Seems like the writing has changed with the animation, like they're going a little more family guy without missing the point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Have they actually hired writers again? There have been a few really funny episodes lately.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No, same writers and directors for the most part.

I didn't think about it, but they've added 2 new rotating elements to the HD opener, a billboard and Ralph Wiggum's response to having the statue head fall on him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I missed the opening credits (turned it on when the family was in the couch gag dog show). The overall episode was pretty good; one where I smiled often, but no LOL.

Must've been one hell of a learning curve, then. It's like a totally different show from the embarrassment that's been on for several years now.

Looks like maybe they transferred all the "suck" to King of the Hill. Last night's episode was one of the least funny sitcom episodes I've ever seen.
    Tommy, close your eyes.