Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Spotted the Season 12 DVD set today. Amazon shows a release date of Aug. 18, but this is the first time I've seen it at retail. Worst DVD cover art ever!
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Spotted the Season 12 DVD set today. Amazon shows a release date of Aug. 18, but this is the first time I've seen it at retail. Worst DVD cover art ever!
    And that's sayin' something!

But I think that CBG is a good DVD cover choice, as he would know that jargon well.

Worst DVD cover art ever? Nope...

- Crazy Cat Lady
    - Comptroller _____ (name?)
    - Lunch Lady Doris
    - Agnes Skinner
    - Barney :hic: Gumble
    - one of Nelson's goons from the early seasons
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Tonight it begins... or does it end...? The writers will undoubtedly tease us about that throughout the season.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Exept for upcoming guest writer Seth Rogen, who will struggle to make a complete sentence without the use of the word, "Duh." And that ep will be 30 minutes of unfunny pot jokes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No pot joke is really funny.

I will watch the Simpsons until it's off the air, as even some of their bad stuff is better than other shows' "good" stuff.

I mostly agree, but I think the Rob Scheider character who ran a head shop and said about every object, "You put yer weeeeeeeeeed in there!" was pretty funny.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Okay, there's ONE that's funny. I'd forgotten about that.

Tonight, I was flipping between this and the Colts/Cardinals; I missed a few minutes. Not bad, what I did see, though.

Being a teacher, watching this episode was a little hard for me, having seen several colleagues let go. Firing teachers isn't funny. And since I find The Secret, ur, The Answer, a waste of wood pulp and digital pixels, it was not laugh-worthy either. It was a good, well-put-together one, but I just didn't laugh (except at the Barry Bonds stuff).

But this didn't help that I was flipping back-and-forth between this and the Steelers/Chargers game, in which Pittsburgh almost squandered a 28-POINT LEAD in the 2nd half.

I will not waste anymore time watching the Simpsons. It is dead to me. What was once a great show has become painful to even think about.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.