Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I thought Sunday nights Olympic episode was the best of the season so far. Very well done.
    Except for the fact that someone forgot (intentionally or unintentionally) that Principal Skinner isn't Agnes's "biological" son.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

They threw continuity out the window ages ago. Ten years ago, Flanders was simultaneously in his 60s, and raised by beatniks in the 60s. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Except for the fact that someone forgot (intentionally or unintentionally) that Principal Skinner isn't Agnes's "biological" son.
    I stopped noting that stuff on the Simpsons when they did that episode where Marge went to college in the 90's. But while we were watching the episode, my wife actually pointed it out. She hates the Simpsons and knew that.

I imagine it's pretty hard to keep continuity correct when you haven't aged characters in 20 years.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

If a few geeks on a website can, the writers should.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And it's not like the Simpsons nerds have kept their lists of this crap off the internet, making it hard to find.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's kinda like when I was reading the Hush storyline (the last Batman story I read), and Clayface II (the one with actual morphing powers) was suddenly back, and it was apparently because the writer somehow missed that he'd been dead for more than 20 years, and the other Clayfaces (all of whom couldn't morph aside from Lady Clayface) had made a big deal about his being dead in multiple popular and well-received storylines.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought it was another good episode of the Simpsons Sunday. There was a couple of laugh out loud moments. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Loved the footnote part (even better when you can pause it and read at your leisure)!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Was this week's prankster-from-the-past episode new? One time, my TV's guide said it was from 2009, then from 2010, then no year. How odd...

BTW, has anyone slo-mo'd the new opening credits, specifically the fast pan across the town? There's some funny stuff (Fat Tony's boys burying a body, God next to the Devil, etc.).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Was this week's prankster-from-the-past episode new? One time, my TV's guide said it was from 2009, then from 2010, then no year. How odd...
    Nah, it was an old episode. Just don't remember if it was last season or earlier from this season.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection