Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

The one with Jonah Hill, right? This season, Nov 22nd, 2009. I didn't care for it the first time around, my sister and I talked right through it, so I had to rewatch on the DVR the next day just to catch it and it was mediocre.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I had another one of those I-know-that-voice-but-can't-recall-it moments with Sarah Silverman, and I wasn't entirely sure that it wasn't Michelle Obama while watching. I liked this one, despite the overused Bart-falls-in-love storyline, with a social commentary on silly lawsuit issues.
    "That's what Sheev said."

My DVR said is was Angelia Bassett. But they have been known to make up names.

I liked it as well. Had a couple of laugh out loud moments.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

This one had quite a bit of socio-political religious aspects, from its setting. I figured the voice was Sasha BC early on (and he was somehow more annoying than his movie roles).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Last night's episode was probably the worst one I've seen out of the past two or three seasons, which isn't saying much considering how low the bar is set for Simpsons humor these days.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

It was the first episode I've seen in ages. The only really funny part was Krusty getting excited when he learned Jews don't believe in Hell. The rest kinda sucked.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I laughed hard at the first segment with Homer on the slip and slide. But I can't even tell about what else happened. Very uneventful. I kept it DVR'ed because at one point, I stopped watching.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Horrible, horrible episode. I must re-iterate my claim that this show must come to and end NOW. (well, about 4 years ago at least now that I think of it)
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman View Post
    Horrible, horrible episode. I must re-iterate my claim that this show must come to and end NOW. (well, about 4 years ago at least now that I think of it)
    I have to disagree with you. Sure it might not be at its best, but it's alot better than most of the other programing on any network.

I watched it tonight on the DVR, and man was that terrible. The funny thing is, some Simpsons writers can do this sort of thing, the wry skewering of a touchy topic, but the current batch of writers are NOT among them so it comes off trying way too hard and having no point. Not funny, not sly, not anything, just another "Saddlesore Galactica" or "Simpson Safari"-quality episode, only without the underlying message about the writer's guild's value to the network.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.