Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

This one was so-so, not due to bad writing or plot, just not all that funny. I would've thought that parodying prison films Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile to be hi-larious. Or not.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I had not watched a new episode in months, but last night episode was fun to watch.

The Homer/Wiggum episode was decent. I never LOL'd, but did smile a few times. I liked the Shamrock Shake line, as well as trying to figure out what Dylan was.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This was another of the occasional heartfelt stories. Sure, blowing up a whale isn't the same kind of sadness, but seeing Lisa with Blue-ella and the sunset at the end were nice.

Lenny also works at the customer service desk? Could Homer's "you used to be nice" line towards Flanders be foreshadowing something? Zinging House's episode script was clever.

I liked last nights. Nicely done, had heart, had laughs.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

This one was pretty darn good. I do remember LOLing at some comment (from Lisa, IIRC), but cannot recall it now.

I have yet to watch the episode itself, but the opening was cool.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I really didn't care for the whale episode. It was another "Laughless Lisa episode". I was surprised they had the nerve to blow up the whale on-screen (that is based on a real event that went down pretty much like what the Simpsons did).

As for the Big Brother episode, seemed like their standard meandering mess. Odd how the Treehouse of Horror showing Flanders' control of Springfield through the power of Big Brother was repeated here so many years later.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I was surprised they had the nerve to blow up the whale on-screen (that is based on a real event that went down pretty much like what the Simpsons did).
    [FONT=Courier New]That was on the Oregon Coast! And it was 100X more gross than it was portrayed on The Simpsons. Chunks of whale were coming down 1/4 mile away.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]http://www.theexplodingwhale.com/[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]http://www.katu.com/features/seeit/3871922.html[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]This November marks the 40th anniversary. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Everything else about the episode was so-so.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I guess it falls into the category of "so crazy it has to be true" and by god it is true!

Quote Originally Posted by from the second link!!!
    A parked car over a quarter of a mile from the blast site was the target of one last chunk. Fortunately, no one was hurt as badly as the car. However, everyone was covered with small particles of dead whale.
    Holy crap!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!