Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I guess it falls into the category of "so crazy it has to be true" and by god it is true!

Holy crap!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
    [FONT=Courier New]http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedia/2009/03/what_not_to_do_with_a_dead_wha.html[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]KATU was the station from Portland that covered it. The link above has the You Tube video. It's HILARIOUS.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Good lord. And the worst part is they were funnier than The Simpsons version of it, with them cheering like idiots watching the red mist form, then gaping at the chunks flying towards them, then finally running away. All this proves that Lisa Episodes suck.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    All this proves that Lisa Episodes suck.
    That I have known for quite a few years young man!

I've known it for decades now, but it still surprises me that they keep trying anyway.

I cannot think of an acceptable Lisa Episode. They're usually preachy or sappy touchy-feely dramedy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not even the old ones with "Bleeding Gums" Murphy?

I watched Moaning Lisa recently, it's got almost no laughs, the art is so poor it's actively distracting, and ultimately it's so super whiny AND schmaltzy at the same time. Even the B-plot with Homer learning to play Nintendo so he can beat Bart is dumb, yet still has more entertainment value overall.

Round Springfield is a downer, it's less whiny but equally mopey, and in the end it's more schmaltzy especially when Bart gets all syrupy sweet.

Wow, no love for Lisa?

"Lisa is a nut
    She has a rubber butt
    and everytime she turns around
    it goes; putt, putt"
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Lisa episodes just suck plain and simple, off the top of my head I can't think of a good one either.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Lisa episodes just suck plain and simple, off the top of my head I can't think of a good one either.
    "You don't make friends with salad. You don't make friends with salad." That was a great Lisa episode. Even Sir Paul made a visit.

I have always liked Sideshow Bob episodes. Funniest line? "The good ones are all gay or have no faces." Loved the Chief's "gun" and Lou's "radar gun." And I liked the return of 5 corners, and how they covered the various states it encompassed.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega