Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

My sister and I watched it, not knowing who Flight of the Conchords are, and both of us found it to be a dull, unengaging episode. Then, this morning, it dawned on me that it was a bold choice to make a Lisa episode as a season premiere... but unfortunately, it was still a Lisa episode. Also, Yeardley's singing was unbearable, I fear time has caught up to her singing voice.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Spending Grampa's life savings (again?) was so-so. Two Lisa-centric episodes in a row? Interesting. Also was wondering if this couch gag would've worked for the THoH show.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Was VERY surprised to see another Lisa episode. This one was slightly better than the previous, but not great, and a bit preachy. Also, I've noticed more of Yeardley's voice losing its step which is a bit odd.

The lite-brite ending to the couch gag was a bit odd, I think too soft to work as a Halloween opener (which haven't really existed in a while, come to think of it).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm still laughing at, "Nelson, statistics show that people who don't graduate from college make 3% less than those who do." So true.

The Chris Hanson bit was pretty funny as well, but only when Homer kept coming back after he ran off to ask questions.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I watched the last two episodes and thought they were both alright. Not great but ok, better then the last time I watched the show (a couple of years ago).

I noticed the "couch gag by..." line in the closing credits, but didn't recognize the artist (still can't recall the name: Blakely? Bakky? Barky? ). I was quite disturbed by the opening, because it wasn't funny nor really tongue-in-cheek humorous, just depressing. I was surprised they chose to include it.

I actually liked the Lisa-as-manager baseball episode; it fit her personality well. And I loved the Mike Sciocia reset (which of the 3 rings did he not care about losing? ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I noticed the "couch gag by..." line in the closing credits, but didn't recognize the artist (still can't recall the name: Blakely? Bakky? Barky? ).
    It was done by Banksy (a pseudonym; his real name is unknown to the public). He is a somewhat provocative anti-establishment British artist/filmmaker responsible for works like “Exit Through the Gift Shop”. His pseudonym also appeared as graffiti (on a billboard, the outside of the school, etc.) during the opening sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I was quite disturbed by the opening, because it wasn't funny nor really tongue-in-cheek humorous, just depressing. I was surprised they chose to include it.
    Wasn't your traditional "haha" funny, but its probably one of my more favorite openings in a long while. Then again I tend to like "dark humor". Only thing that would have made it better for me would of been if they saved this opening for this season's Tree-house of Horror episode.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Was this a 3rd Lisa episode in a row, or because it's Lisa vs. Bart it doesn't count? I'm leaning towards the latter, but it wasn't that great in any sense.

I thought this last episode was cleverly done. I loved the recall to Mike Scioscia radiation poisoning.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Hopefully someone has a sale soon, would love to pick up some seasons for $12.99 or something low...
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!