Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Did I miss the couch gag? Or was the Rio birds opening meant to replace it?

I liked the storyline of this one; magic that wasn't too cheesy. The end with Lisa's magic teacher was a nice touch, too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

You didn't miss it. No couch gag was shown. There probably is a couch gag for this episode, but FOX simply chose to the air that Rio promo in its place instead.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Wel, having "that announcement" interrupt my viewing of this week's episode (oddly enough, the DVR showed the whole show, meaning FOX didn't pre-empt it), I watched it yesterday. Not bad, but the wedded-to-Selma plot is getting a tad old, even if the characters are mocking it throughout.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Homer has another job skill, but nothing for nuclear plant employment. I liked the extended couch gag. Just how many parents don't show DVD chapter 1 of Finding Nemo?

I laughed a whole lot at this episode. Just about every homer line was a winner.

My kids have always seen chapter 1, but I know alot of people who haven't seen it. We were actually recommended not to show it to our children, but I typically ignore peoples advice when they don't have children.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Nice subtle couch gag. Episode-wise, it was decent.

Odd ending for a season finale. But the plot was decent (I LOL'd at the squid in the canal and chuckled at the Maggie/Burns recall). No couch gag once again?

Season XXIII begins next Sunday, Sep. XXV, MMXI. When has the season begun in a month before November, in recent years?

I think the past couple have. Last year for sure.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Season 23 started with a big idea parody and just felt so thin and flat and lazily-written. I am thinking that The Simpsons is getting pulled out of my DVR permanently this season.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.