Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

I hate to say this, but the show has actually been "fair-to-middlin'" for longer than it was cutting edge and consistently funny.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

On a slightly related note, Burger King is currently doing another Halloween themed set of Simpson figures in their kids meals if anyone is interested.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I liked the first one, but not overly so; smile-worthy, not laugh-worthy. I had forgotten about the Ned/Edna "tease" to end the season.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Tonight's was really good; one of the rare episodes that's not too sappy, nor too over-the-top. Well-written, with just enough funny and just enough inside jokes. And TR was a "Guest Voice"? In the online clip played, I guess.

You catch the opening Ren and Stimpy couch gag?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I was wondering if it was by the actual R&S creator, then noticed his signature as it closed.

I had to look this up, having not watched the episode. I wouldn't say it's a Ren & Stimpy gag exactly, no more than a comic book adaptation of The Diary of Anne Frank by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko would be a "Spider-Man comic."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Looks like The Simpsons are facing the real possibility of ending after this season over financial troubles.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

This most recent Treehouse of Horror wasn't as horror-filled, but funnier than most. My DVR somehow missed the first few seconds of the opening. Parodies of and allusions to Avatar, 127 Hours, Road Runner/Coyote, and nice Psycho background score.

The pre-credits skit/takeoff on 127 Hours was funny. The Avatar sketch was the best.