Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Weird. I felt like this story was a rehash, but it was just different enough to be pretty decent. It had aspects of Funzo, any science fair episode ("bent my Wookiee," model of Westminster Abbey, "Tell-Tale Heart" parody, et al), Bart-befriends-Martin, caring for the Springfield Retirement Castle members (a "shocking" death there?), Ned not knowing connotations of words he's used around Rod and Tod, Homer getting fired (sort of) and award ceremonies at the power plant.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I really liked this "foodies" one, even if I don't like the concept of foodie blogs. But that's somewhat current, I guess. Just about all the family was featured, and several background characters. A French meth lab organizer? Who knew?

A fairly original episode storyline; by parodying Ocean's [number] films, of course. I really liked the background song, too.

Not bad, not super this week. I don't recall laughing much, though.

Pretty much on the nose with both of the last episodes. I didn't hate the last episode, but it didn't make me laugh much either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    A fairly original episode storyline; by parodying Ocean's [number] films, of course. I really liked the background song, too.
    I really liked this one. I laughed so hard at one of the jokes I woke my wife up. Haven't laughed that hard at a Simpsons joke in years.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Interesting that most Krusty-centric episodes aren't funny. But there were a few moments of ha-ha.

When Maggie saluted Hitler, I had to rewind it to make sure what I was seeing. I got a kick out of that. But then again, I find disturbing things funny.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yeah, Maggie's heil salute was a bit of a wild side thing for the show, seems like there's a real dichotomy in the writers' room at the show right now, and they can't decide on which way to take it. I'd like to see more Matt Groening-derived humor, not more "safe Simpsons silliness" malaise that the show has been suffering the last decade.

As for Krusty-themed episodes, they're not quite Lisa episodes, but you do make a good point, they are a tad thin usually in the funny, and this was no exception, although the writing I thought was more interesting than most Krusty eps.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just as the credits are running on it, I think this was my favorite Christmas episode, and better than the other future scenario ones, too. Lots of "you think we're gonna go one way, then have a different joke" dialogue.