Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

It was a pretty decent ep. Humorous that Maggie still doesn't speak even in the future.

I liked this one as well. I had to pause it several times to see all the quick jokes.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

It was cute, but felt like a Futurama ripoff in some ways. Also, I thought it weird that they didn't pitch Bart & Lisa's adult voices down like they have in the past.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It was decent, kept me watching so I guess that is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Humorous that Maggie still doesn't speak even in the future.
    That's been done before.

So, "Springface" ruins intercommunication, stops productivity, creates superficial "relationships," promotes and generates anger and frustration, eh? There's no way THAT could ever happen in the real world; Simpsons writers and their fictional stories...

Angry Nerds. (heh heh heh)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

That episode was ok, even if it was a bit cheap to simply lift from The Social Network. Some of the gags didn't feel like Simpsons at all, Angry Nerds and the bowling, Bartboarding. The pat Lisa-style ending was a bit rough, but the rest was a'ight. The post-story bits were good too.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The post-story bits were good too.
    Was that the old-timey cartoon style story? (and what is that style? ... I know I've seen it before, and not just from a previous Simpsons episode)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Was that the old-timey cartoon style story? (and what is that style? ... I know I've seen it before, and not just from a previous Simpsons episode)
    You've probably seen that style used before from Edward Gorey's works, like the opening/closing titles from Mystery (on PBS).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    You've probably seen that style used before from Edward Gorey's works, like the opening/closing titles from Mystery (on PBS).
    Yes, that sounds right. I was trying to recall the name and absolutely could not come up with it.

I picked up on Jeremy Irons' voice quickly. An interesting way to sort-of trace something through history, but a rag?