Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

That was JI?!?! I thought it was a decent episode but like you said BCJ...a rag!...err tapestry.

I was torn between Irons and Grammer. I didn't get the premise. The "rag" originally foretold the future. Then it quickly became a rag. I would have preferred they continued the fortune telling portion each time getting smaller and smaller until the last fortune was Moe having the small piece.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I watched last week's a few hours before this 500th episode (liked the couch gags in each). Both were pretty good, nothing super-dooper. Likes: Wikileaks (even if it was an old reference), Outlands opening/couch gag, myth cracking.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I found it a really bad episode after they had been on an upsweep of quality. In fact, I'd say it was second only to Saddlesore Galactica and Simpsons Safari. The basis of the story has been done so many times, including the movie itself, and the payoff with them living the lives of scumbags was just completely broad and stupidly-conceived with nothing actually coming from the characters themselves, except for jerkass moron Homer at his worst. The only laugh I can remember is Bart spray painting in homage to the chalkboard gag. And to squander Sideshow Bob with just the 1 line, only to fill time with the pointless Wikileaks Julian Assange bit was wasteful.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I stand corrected; JT told me the episodes sucked instead of being decent.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Pshaw. Everyone knows Wikileaks was Lemmiwinks' evil brother.

(That might've been a crappy episode, but Lemmiwinks could save anything. Wait, wrong cartoon.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I stand corrected; JT told me the episodes sucked instead of being decent.
    I did? Really? Show me where I said that, where I told you what to think. I said "I found it a really bad episode...", which is a personal review and CLEARLY stated as such in the very first section of the sentence.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It was kind of "eh" for an episode. The premise story wise/joke wise was decent enough for a milestone (sort of a "tongue & cheek" nod toward fan sentiment that the show is still on and should of ended a long time ago), if of course it had't already been done several times over in past episodes and the movie (like JT stated). Definitely a letdown for a milestone episode, especially the 500th.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I was disappointed with it as well; mainly because it was the 500th episode. But I did as I was told: I went outside before I went on the internet and claimed it sucked...

I think I would have preferred a clip show. They haven't done those in a while.

The best part was when Homer and Lisa were arguing over Dragon Insurance.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-