Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I did? Really? Show me where I said that, where I told you what to think. I said "I found it a really bad episode...", which is a personal review and CLEARLY stated as such in the very first section of the sentence.
    It was a trick, from a Jedi. For some reason, I have no memory of being tricked, however. Odd.

And according to the new WikiConsititution, Amendment 404, any comment with an emoticon after it cannot be taken personally.
    "That's what Sheev said."

The episode wasn't written as a special episode, it was just a regular season episode and along the way they realized that it had some elements dealing with the characters' pasts, so they decided to just wing it and make it the 500th episode. If this had been a regular episode, I would have thought it sucked, but I wouldn't have cared enough to actually bother commenting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    It was a trick, from a Jedi. For some reason, I have no memory of being tricked, however. Odd. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/images...es/redface.gif
    And you're down a whole slave, having lost a bet over a race. But at least you have the other one still.

And according to the new WikiConsititution, Amendment 404, any comment with an emoticon after it cannot be taken personally. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    You suck! (see? Just because it had an emoticon doesn't mean it couldn't be taken personally.) Also, you don't suck. Ha! You're trapped in an endless cycle.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Have we always known Marge's birthday was March 19th? Well, I guess it is. I cannot for the life of me place the couch gag intro.; I want to say The Sims, but I'm sure that's wrong because of the feudal motif. I feel dumb. But I liked this episode; the mini sword fight, various graffiti poster humor.

While I haven't seen it yet, I was sure that was Game of Thrones, and sure enough today's news confirmed it.

This episode didn't do it for me, the Homer & Marge plotline just dropped partway through, the Bart plotline felt a tad out of character and over the top, and the end result was predictable. It wasn't a terrible episode, but it wasn't right either, it was more an "almost was" based on the ideas that didn't get fully fleshed out.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The couch gags are not taping on my dvr. I can't set it up to tape earlier as I am taping "gulp" the Cleveland show as well. So where one cuts out and the other cuts lies the couch gag.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

My DVR has 2 tuners so I can record both the end of Cleveland and the beginning of Simpsons as they overlap, but my DVR now also will simply bump the beginning of a show if both tuners are in action. You may want to check that for your unit.

Homer wets the bed, eh? It had its moments, but for the most part, only okay.

I really liked the episode once it got into its Inception elements. IMO, if they had downplayed the first part of the story, added more inside their heads, this would have made a MUUUUCH better 500th episode than what we got. The return to the Tracy Ulman short was worth the price of admission alone.

Best part of this week's was Brent Spiner (I 'd right when I heard his voice). I didn't notice any alpha-numeric "jokes" on the robots (i.e. B4, U2, A1, WD40, etc.).

Spiner being the voice of the bots also got a rise out of me. Otherwise it was a forgettable episode, but not a terrible one.