Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

It's been a while since there've been posts. The last few episodes have been good, not spectacular. I wondered what "Lisa eats bugs" meant; now I know. Abe's love interest; Lisa as a secret cursive writer, too.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I liked this one: Homer's tech addiction (sort of) and the weird "Hope" tree. Funny to see how white hair happens.

I knew it was going to be Homer sleepwalking, it just felt like the kind of (pardon the pun) "sappy" note they'd pull out. This wasn't a great episode for me, Homer finally after 23 years takes issue with his life feels false, but I get that they needed something to work off of that they hadn't done before. It wasn't the worst effort, but it couldn't compare to the simple laughs I got out of Bob's Burgers.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

As tough as a 20+ year show has it to be original, this one came as close as that. Sure, there've been "cool" neighbors or friends before that the family loves at some point but loathes later, but I liked the choices of voices and there were tons of inside references (some I didn't get, I'm sure). Biggest oddity? No couch gag. But I do like the new shorts at the end.

I was impressed that they avoided using the term "hipsters" entirely. Other than that, this was a modernized take on the different neighbors thing and the neighbor kid who was kept from being normal the way Bart somehow is claiming to be.

No comment for Lisa being smarter because she was breastfed? That felt really preachy and even tacked on in post-production.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Another school testing episode, but with a slightly different twist. Fairly sure there hadn't been a parking meter-based side story before; maybe. Overall, it wasn't too bad. I did like the couch gag.

Oh, and their memorial panel at the end for "Howell Huell" was a nice touch.

That panel wasn't Howell Huser, Howell Huser had different hair, dark gray, while the Simpsons art of Huell Howser when he guested had blond hair a la the tribute panel. That was the actual Huell Howser when he was guest voicing himself playing what I remember being a host of a ripoff of Food Network's "Unwrapped with Mark Summers". It was a touching memorial, very nice.

The actual episode felt like it was trying to be more clever about well-trod territory but lost its way partway through writing.

CRAAAAAP! I just realized I got sidetracked and didn't make it to the Huell Howser sunset salute at Griffith Park! I was halfway out the door and had to take care of some business on the phone that ended up taking a lot longer than I thought, and totally forgot.

Another storm story arc (it was okay, some funny bits), and a slightly-new kids watching (guardianship, if both Marge and Homer were to die) concept. Loved the Uncle Herb phone message part, plus the live lobster sandwich.

This was the first Simpsons I've seen since November thanks to the local Fox blackout. While it wasn't perfect, it was great to see them again. I loved the Uncle Herb message.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-