Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

This was one of the oddest episodes I've seen. It wasn't too funny, and really seemed to rehash previous ones (including references to actual Simpsons episodes).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I can barely remember it at all. Something about Milhouse treating Lisa like crap and she liking it, and... who cares, it was just awkward and felt like a retread with a new framing mechanism.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Were both of those new episodes? And didn't the teevee guide say that the Maggie Simpson short was supposed to be shown, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Were both of those new episodes? And didn't the teevee guide say that the Maggie Simpson short was supposed to be shown, too?
    The Milhouse episode was from this season, but it was a repeat. The bed bug/Homer deacon episode was new. The Maggie Simpson short, if I'm not mistaken, was shown on Fox a few weeks back on the same week when the Milhouse episode was new/premiered. The short wasn't shown last night though.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    The short wasn't shown last night though.
    If only the Simpsons had some catch phrase to express my disappointment.

The award-nominated short has been shown twice on TV though, and it's online too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoO0s1ukcqQ
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That was a cool couch gag (Homer as an action figure), but "brought to you by Subway"? Is there anything that CAN'T be sponsored anymore? Homer loses his hair, Bart fakes a skill, Marge and driving issues, bad Eastern European accents. I liked the Nelson "urgent message" to Skinner.

A "one-hour" season finale! Alright! Wait, it's the usual "two half-hour episodes = a one-hour one." But they were pretty good ones, I guess.

Wow, newest season premiere is already here: Sunday night begins season quarter-century.

I haven't seen any Homeland episodes, but this one was pretty good. And it seems like a Treehouse of Horror will actually be in October (next week?).