Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

Thread: Simpsons

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    "The Simpsons are going to..." Cuba! And another backstory for Abe. Liked the Greek gods couch gag.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

The lazy app story went about as decent as it could be expected, Abe as a "father" went exactly as I thought (well, maybe not the Jasper part). Couch gag was funny at first, then went a little sad by the end.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Story-wise, this week's with bus monitor Lisa/Homer suing Burns/Marge & Smithers arcs was so-so, but the one-liners and images were quite funny. The Tiki Room was probably the best part (even the clicks and knocks).

They are on a real cold streak lately. Repetitive storylines and unfunny humor. The art in the last one was shockingly off too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I finally watched "The Great Fatsby" one-hour episode (and not two 30-min. ones back-to-back), which was pretty good. I spoke along with Homer's "I've never seen such beautiful cobblers" line (guess I have taught the novel enough times to guess at that). Not sure just how well it would be to use after teaching Fitzgerald's novel, but it could be decent (there is a good parallel between the films by Baz Luhrmann and the Robert Redford version by Jack Clayton).

I wonder if this week's premise would be a regular occurrence: set the episode in the time of an older season. Kamp Krusty a little later.

Been a downhill slope lately, but there were a couple lines in this Sunday's episode that got genuine laughs out of me. The first was Smithers' talk of being sexually spurned with him standing in front of a portrait of Mr. Burns, that was really well directed, someone got terribly clever with the presentation of that joke that normally would have been a softball. I don't remember the second but it was towards the end. It's rare for them to even surprise me at this point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This newest, "22 for 30," was very good; lots of subtle (and blatantly obvious) humor. Really liked the couch gag, too.

I've liked the past two weeks. The trophy episode had a few funny times and banners/plaques.