Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Resculpt the Shadows of the Empire figures

Since you're making every lousy *** EU figure I want these figures again. SOTE is the ONLY EU that I like and I was thinking on it and I think I like it because it doesn't take many liberties and get ridiculously dumb like almost every other piece of EU garbage. It also ties up everything in the end so we don't wonder where the hell Dash is or where Xizor is because they're both DEAD!

The book is by far my favorite SW book (besides the 6 movie novels) and I try to read it every couple of months since it's a short, easy read.

When the line was initially released there were some GLARING overlooks in the way of figures. The ones released were: Luke in Elite Guard, Xizor, Chewie as Snoova, Dash, Swoop Trooper and bike and Leia Boussh. We also had the two 2-packs consisting of: Vader/Xizor and IG-88/Fett.

The ones that could still be made are (Tycho/Sal list to follow):

Guri
    Lando in Elite Guard Gear
    Leebo
    Xizor in Black Leather Temptation
    Koth Melan
    Spero
    Howzmin
    Benedict Vidkun (I LOVE his name and it fits with the character)
    Avaro
    Basic Elite Guard

There are several others in my head but they are basically figures that have been released (i.e. Chewie out of Snoova outfit but with haircut and the like).

If they make lame *** figures like Darth "Quote the" Revan and *snickers* Baron Unterbite (WORST. NAME. EVER) then why not these ones that were in one of the best selling SW games of all time?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Since you're making every lousy *** EU figure I want these figures again. SOTE is the ONLY EU that I like and I was thinking on it and I think I like it because it doesn't take many liberties and get ridiculously dumb like almost every other piece of EU garbage. It also ties up everything in the end so we don't wonder where the hell Dash is or where Xizor is because they're both DEAD!

The book is by far my favorite SW book (besides the 6 movie novels) and I try to read it every couple of months since it's a short, easy read.

When the line was initially released there were some GLARING overlooks in the way of figures. The ones released were: Luke in Elite Guard, Xizor, Chewie as Snoova, Dash, Swoop Trooper and bike and Leia Boussh. We also had the two 2-packs consisting of: Vader/Xizor and IG-88/Fett.

The ones that could still be made are (Tycho/Sal list to follow):

Guri
    Lando in Elite Guard Gear
    Leebo
    Xizor in Black Leather Temptation
    Koth Melan
    Spero
    Howzmin
    Benedict Vidkun (I LOVE his name and it fits with the character)
    Avaro
    Basic Elite Guard

There are several others in my head but they are basically figures that have been released (i.e. Chewie out of Snoova outfit but with haircut and the like).

If they make lame *** figures like Darth "Quote the" Revan and *snickers* Baron Unterbite (WORST. NAME. EVER) then why not these ones that were in one of the best selling SW games of all time?
    Actually Slicker the Shadows of the Empire storyline had a sequel in the comics called Shadows of the Empire Evolutions in which Dash Rendar is alive and on Tatoonie.

I too would love to see these figures get a refreashed look and have some of the figures on that list see the plastic treatment. I would also add Leia in the Blue Seduction Dress, and Luke in the Yellow Vest / Jedi garb. also Jix and swoop would be a cool set to add as well, and a neutral posed Zizor.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Actually Slicker the Shadows of the Empire storyline had a sequel in the comics called Shadows of the Empire Evolutions in which Dash Rendar is alive and on Tatoonie.
    I figured they'd bastardize such a good book. I remember in the SOTE game if you beat it on hard or something Dash "lives"

Actually though for this thread I was just going off of the book since they'd already done 'em.

I knew one of those swoopers had a name but I couldn't remember it for the life of me and the book was more than arms length away so it was too far.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Here's an idea:

Instead of resculpting Dash, we resculpt Han instead. Same character, except Han's cooler.

In fact, let's forget Dash ever existed.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I figured they'd bastardize such a good book.
    actually slicker the comic was decent, dealt alot with Guri trying to get her memory back. dash was only seen on the last page of the final issue as Guri walks into the Cantina on Mos Eisley she sees him and I think he says something like "Hi I'm Dash." and the story ends there.

but since this list is only focusing on the book, then I would still add the figures I mentioned plus a couple of Trandosians since they do capture Luke.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Couldn't agree more Slick.
    Shadows is tons better than anything that takes place post-Jedi.
    The Shadows comic adaption, which actually wasn't a direct adaption, expanded the Shadows story and could also be fodder for figures (the only one that comes to mind right now is Big Gizz, the leader of Jabba's swoop gang that Jix joined).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

SOTE resculpts and new figures? I'm in. The figure they did for Dash with that bowl haircut and wrong outfit just didn't do the guy justice at all, and that dumb backpack was neither fun nor particularly usable. There are a lot of good ideas here, I won't restate them all, but I am certainly interested in seeing them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got my wish!!! Now I'm quite sure Hasbro listens to us!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I got my wish!!! Now I'm quite sure Hasbro listens to us!
    now all we need is for Hasbro to tackle a couple more figures from the list and maybe even some of the SOTE Evolutions stuff as well

I'd still love to have a Guri. (they still haven't made her, right?)
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!