Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Worried that there are medium-sized vehicles that Hasbro will never make?

What are your fears that we'll never get:

The Corporate Alliance Tank Droid?
    The Droid Army Gunship?
    The Wookiee Catamaran?
    The Clone Swamp Speeder?
    The large homing spider droid?
    Coruscant Jedi air speeders?

What else?

I can tell how much they love to repaint molds they already have to maximize their profits from the tooling - but seriously...

Those of us making Kashyyyk and Geonosis dioramas need these vehicles!

And what about the Twin Pod Cloud Car?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't know what the problem is with rereleasing the Twin Pod Cloud Car. THe mold has been made, it doesn't require any electronics, a great pilot figure has been made.... It seems like a no-brainer.

All they have to do is release it once and everyone who has wanted one for the last several years will jump on it and they never have to release it again.

They can put off releasing Yareal Poof's Jedi Starfighter for a few months to give us a Cloud Car.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Battle Droid Carrier
    Grievous's Starfighter Soulless One

The Cloud car is a must. I have been passing on them on Ebay for awhile now. Although I came close to one last night, I found something better.

The Alliance Tank, Catamaran, Swamp Speeder and the Droid Army Gunship I would proabbly get also(at lest 2 of them from the list)
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I don't know what the problem is with rereleasing the Twin Pod Cloud Car. THe mold has been made, it doesn't require any electronics, a great pilot figure has been made.... It seems like a no-brainer.

All they have to do is release it once and everyone who has wanted one for the last several years will jump on it and they never have to release it again.

That's the problem, they'll only get one or two releases out of it. Hasbro has stated that the mold for the cloud car no longer exists, so one would have to be made from scratch. They can release the same 2 jedi starfighter molds a dozen times or the gunship several times and get a lot more mileage out of the upfront cost. Until we stop buying the rereleases and demand something new (which I don't think will happen) Hasbro has no incentive to try "riskier" new molds.

I can live without all the kashyyk vehicles. They would be nice, but I could do without them. I really want an AT-TE and a gunship/dropship that it attaches to. I know it would be terribly out of scale (what isn't) but I would buy several.

If you are all so in love with Cloud Cars, the vintage release can be had for next to nothing on Ebay. I got one and 4 vintage figures for $20 with shipping a year ago. Do you really think that a reissue would be much better than the original vintage release? I doubt it. Depressed prices on ebay for the vintage model tells me there is little real demand for it. And it has about 10 seconds of screen time.

A Firespeeder with water cannons would be about a fafillion times more fun.

The most significant mid-sized vehicle we have yet to see released is the Bongo. Making the cockpit airtight and therefore the toy submersible would make it a lot of fun. Didn't you ever take the GI Joe Hovercraft or Cobra Hydrofoil or Water Moccasin to the pool when you were a kid?

The basic thing about the Cloud Car is that it is just about the only vintage vehicle that hasnt seen a modern update in the new line. Thats what the big deal about it is. We get the figure for it, but he cant fly anything.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post

The most significant mid-sized vehicle we have yet to see released is the Bongo. Making the cockpit airtight and therefore the toy submersible would make it a lot of fun. Didn't you ever take the GI Joe Hovercraft or Cobra Hydrofoil or Water Moccasin to the pool when you were a kid?
    That would be too cool! I can't believe I forgot to list this one.

I never thought about a firespeeder that squirted water, either. Good job!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Considering what the scale of Maul's ship will be, I guess that the ship I would like to see in a mid-sized vehicle is Dooku's Solar Sailer. The body would be small and not hard to keep at $20 but the sail might be a problem. Maybe have a pilot droid fixed into the cockpit? I know I will never see that one, but I love having vehicles for the sith.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

I should count myself lucky that I got a loose/complete vintage cloud car for $5 about a year or two ago. A buddy of mine had a friend who just wanted to get rid of his stuff. I offered the fiver and he took me up on it. I just needed to wash it off, otherwise it's dang near perfect. I should replace the sticker though.

As far as fears we won't get these vehicles/ships, I can't say I'm "fearful." But I'm not hopeful about these. I've posted on and on about some of these. The Homing Spider droid comes to mind. Heck it's four of the same legs, with the body being basically two half spheres, just with different radar dishes. So really the only unique parts would be those radar dishes. This should have been a done deal back them. AND since the parts ARE so repetative, there should be no reason to make this a $20 item. I'd buy 5 at that price. If they sold it for $30, I'd only get three. ($10 difference, but if some people think like me, then that's a potential loss for Hasbro, so the lower pricepoint needs to be considered for that specific one.

-Sal
    Move along, move along