Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting Clone find at TRU

I went into TRU earlier after my disappointment at Target in missing out on the Kashyyk Clone, and what do I find, but about a dozen each of the Green AOTC Clone and the Green ROTS "EU" Clone from wave 8 (the latter I had also just bought in Target, as they had one left). These guys have been impossible to find, and I know they're not shipping solid cases of them, so I have two theories: 1.), someone got caught stashing them in the back and they put them all out, or 2.) that idiot here in Jersey who has been scalping to the local comic shop hoarded them in his trunk, realized he couldn't sell them, and returned them all before the 90-day window closes. I'm leaning towards that theory, and while I'd like to laugh, the scarcity of the Kashyyk trooper (mentioned in another thread as being in only one case assortment) means this guy will have the last laugh hoarding all of them instead.

What do you guys think? Or has anyone else found tons of just these clones?
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Did you happen to see any of the other figures from wave 8? I know when I found my wave 8 figures there were a ton of the different clones mixed in. I would assume that they're shipping clones a bit more heavily but that is quite a large number to find all at once...especially if you didn't find anyone else from the wave.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

They're probably returns. Although I've had even weirder clone finds at TRU. About a year ago I found 3 animated AOTC clones, a yellow a blue and a red ARC commander. Just lying on the shelf. I can't believe someone would return those because they had not been available for about a year. So I think sometimes employees themselves hide stuff in the back and it gets found.

But it also could have been a stash that was discovered in your case.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Didn't see any other figures from wave 8, at least not in those numbers. They had one SBD and a Luke, but I would think the majority of wave 8 would still be there, with the Clones themselves being the exception.

Didn't the clones ship 2 per case in that wave? I've seen a lot of the blue and both green clones sitting around here when nothing else is present. I figured everyone was getting sick of army building.

Some of them were 2 per case in wave 8.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, according to EE they're one-per case in Wave 9, which I didn't know. This makes me even more depressed, because it would mean over a dozen cases of Wave 9 came and went in less than a week, because they had nothing when I was in there last week. That being said, I still think those were returned by the local scalper - I can't imagine every single figure from wave 9 would be gone. At the very least, I'd think a Padme or two would be left over, just as they were in Target.

Seeing as how you didn't find anyone else from that wave I'd have to go with what you suggested, Tag. That someone brought 'em back because they weren't sellin on the scalper market.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I've been finding the green and blue ROTS/EU clones relatively easy. It's the sergeant that's been a little tougher to find. IIRC, I have about 10 442nd green clones, 12 5th security blue clones and only 3 or 4 of the carded green AOTC sergeant.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    I went into TRU earlier after my disappointment at Target in missing out on the Kashyyk Clone, and what do I find, but about a dozen each of the Green AOTC Clone and the Green ROTS "EU" Clone from wave 8 (the latter I had also just bought in Target, as they had one left). These guys have been impossible to find, and I know they're not shipping solid cases of them, so I have two theories: 1.), someone got caught stashing them in the back and they put them all out, or 2.) that idiot here in Jersey who has been scalping to the local comic shop hoarded them in his trunk, realized he couldn't sell them, and returned them all before the 90-day window closes. I'm leaning towards that theory, and while I'd like to laugh, the scarcity of the Kashyyk trooper (mentioned in another thread as being in only one case assortment) means this guy will have the last laugh hoarding all of them instead.

What do you guys think? Or has anyone else found tons of just these clones?
    Where are you from ? today at TRU in East Brunswick NJ, they had about 20 clones on the shelves, the green clone sergent and the 42 siege clone. they had about ten of each along with 10 naboo soliders and ten jerjarrod's .
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks