Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Kashyyyk Clone packed with the wrong gun!

Dangit Hasbro! On the photos and cardbacks of wave 9 (which I still haven't found, but got 2 Kashyyyks through a friend in my collecting circle anyway), Hasbro shows the Elite Corps Clone using the long rifle he was shown having in the movie.

Well I got two of mine (want 7 total) tonight and he has the small bikerscout blaster that fits in the ankle holster, and the typical Clone blaster that we all complained the CW SA Clone came with instead of their own style of Geonosian Theater long rifle (the Kashyyyk rifle is different - but was sculpted as shown on the package.).

But I don't know if every figure out there has the wrong blaster versus rifle, but my loose one and carded one do. Grrrr. Thanks Hasbro! (NOT)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So you're saying it comes with the short blaster? Does it also come with the mini ankle blaster?

I can understand the mini blaster, but the short blaster? That stinks. I'm really going to have to look into making my own injection molding for repros of these guns. I literally need hundreds of them.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    So you're saying it comes with the short blaster? Does it also come with the mini ankle blaster?
    Yes, you're correct. You get 2 guns with this figure, but neither one of them you saw him use in the movie. Well, maybe the guy that joins Gree when they try to kill Yoda had a shorter weapon, I never thought about watching for that, but you see the troops on the lagoon-side have long rifles as they fire down at the oncoming Tank Droids.

I can understand the mini blaster, but the short blaster? That stinks. I'm really going to have to look into making my own injection molding for repros of these guns. I literally need hundreds of them.
    Yeah, they had to include the mini-Blaster because the Scout Trooper who's mold they stole for this has an ankle holster (I think the actual Kashyyyk troopers did not). But if the figure has an ankle holster, at least Hasbro gave you a gun that would fit in it. The other situation is ridiculous.

Keep me updated if you ever succeed at injection molding this weapon. I don't think it's identical to the gear the Clones carried at Geonosis, but the CW SA Clones didn't include rifles and I can't remember what ROTS #41 came with at the moment...[Tycho checks RS photo archive]....NO! Those $@$!@)#$!

What the heck is Hasbro's problem that they can't include long rifles with figures when appropriate. They gave some long weapons to figures like the Utopau Warrior and the Niemoidian Commander, as well as the Clone Commander figures. What's the deal? OK - that's going into the ASK HASBRO THREAD right now!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Keep me updated if you ever succeed at injection molding this weapon. I don't think it's identical to the gear the Clones carried at Geonosis, but the CW SA Clones didn't include rifles and I can't remember what ROTS #41 came with at the moment...[Tycho checks RS photo archive]....NO! Those $@$!@)#$!

What the heck is Hasbro's problem that they can't include long rifles with figures when appropriate. They gave some long weapons to figures like the Utopau Warrior and the Niemoidian Commander, as well as the Clone Commander figures. What's the deal? OK - that's going into the ASK HASBRO THREAD right now!
    I'll let you know about the injection mold. I'm actually looking into this weekend.

Cool beans on adding this to the questions for Hasbro. I agree. These guns are CHEAP accessories. No reason why they can't come with both a blaster and a rifle.
    Move along, move along

Another reason why the ROTS #06 quick-draw clone rules, he's got both.

I didn't really want to see that Trooper Evolutions rifle, it's way too skinny, but with this figure it would have worked and they shouldn't have just tossed the blaster pistol into the set instead.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just swapped a rifle for one of my Kashyyk troopers. I don't really care what types of guns they get as at this point I have so many clones, I can swap guns easily.
    Galactic Barn Burner

i have a stockpile of rifles from all the clones i have and so swapping isn't a problem but that's beside the point. if hasbro is going to try to get away with a not entirely movie accurate Elite Corps clone sculpt, they could at least give us the rifle that is pictured with the figure!

i don't think they had the ankle holsters and so unless i'm shown evidence proving that they did, i think i'll just cut off/sand off the holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    If hasbro is going to try to get away with a not entirely movie accurate Elite Corps clone sculpt, they could at least give us the rifle that is pictured with the figure!
    I agree. I'd rather have had the Rifle than the blaster. Heck it's what 1 cent more per rifle than blaster, MAYBE? Worth it to me for accuracy.

Loose the ankle blaster and they've made the difference up.
    Move along, move along

Personally, I think everyone here should go to Comic-Con and, during the Hasbro Q&A, we should stand up and pimp slap all the Hasbro reps for this.

Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, I was bummed when I saw this as well. After buying 2, I opened up one and thought I had thrown away the rifle only to discover there was never a rifle with this fig in the first place.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.