Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Has a toy theft happened to you?

So I've been waiting to get my Republic Commando internet exclusive pack for awhile now, and about a week or so ago I went on Fed Ex's website and saw that it had arrived, but I never got it... the Fedex guy had left my package at my front door and I live in an usecured apartment complex. So somone basically just saw my package and stole it. I'm so furious and now I've got to go back and forth with Fed Ex and the store I got it from in order to try to get my money back.

Has this happened to anyone else here? What did you do?

I wrote about this in more detail at my blog if you're interested.

i've always been worried about that as well, which is why i always have packages shipped to me at work rather than home.

Basically there is nothing you can do except file a claim with Fed-Ex. Sorry to hear about this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That sucks, I've always worried about that possibly happening, especially after xmas cards with checks from grandma for me and my sister were found in the garbage room opened and mangled, that's why I have a mailbox place now. A friend of mine has gotten a sorts of packages left in crappy places like in bushes by the door, in front of his garage, in the rain - it's a totally stupid policy and it's not just Fed-ex who does it!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never understood this policy either. Especially where I live and the weather that we are having currently. Just not a good idea to leave a package on the front door when there could be a foot of snow piled on top of it by the time a person comes home.

Didn't they use to leave it with the neighbors? I remember my neighbors coming over every now and then and leaving us a package because we were not home when the UPS guy came over. I could see a negative with this (especially if you have neighbors) but I never complained one bit of this and felt secure knowing our package was in good hands.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Sorry to hear Tenric 78, that really sucks.

I've never had this problem. We've had the same UPS driver for many years now and he knows that if we aren't home, he can just put the package in the garage (which is against their policy, I believe). It works out really well though. I've never had a problem with Fed-Ex either but if I'm expecting a package and I know I won't be home, especially for an extended period of time, then I'll usually try and get a neighbor to get it off my porch. I've lived at the some location for the better part of 26 years, same with several of my neighbors, so most of the time its not a problem to get one of them to pick it up. Same goes for oversized packages from USPS.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

December 1997, a few days before New Year's, my car was broken into at work (smashed window) and my Nikes and Shadows Chewie figure were stolen...I have a copy of the police blotter from the paper which actually refers to "a Chewbacca action figure" being stolen.

The UPS policy is that in low crime areas they can leave the package on a doorstep. Dont know Fed-Ex's policy though. I used to think they left them at neighbors houses also.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

All UPS employees* are criminals, so that's a bit of an oxymoron.

*especially JimJam