Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is Planet of the Apes on History Channel right now?

Okay, I realize that stations are getting further and further from what their names suggest (Dumb and Dumber has been on Cartoon Network, and when was the last time MTV or VH1 played a video?), but this is ridiculous.

I've seen them play movies that are historically-based, or even historical fiction, and seen no problem with it.

But this? Yeah, it's one of the best movies ever made, and when I saw it on the guide I turned there just to see if I could catch Taylor's line, "Get yer stinkin' paws off a-me, you damn dirty ape!" (Turns out I only had to wait five minutes!) But what could possibly be the justification for showing a great sci-fi parable on the History Channel?

I mean, this movie has nothing to do with Hitler. It should be on Discovery.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

DUDE! I was going through HIS today on my guide seeing if there was anything I wanted to DVR and I saw that and thought the EXACT same thing. I don't get it!! A channel that shows the evolving of apes!?!!?!?? YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Wow, Cappy called me earlier to ask me the same damn thing.

My answer: It happened during WWII. Auschwitz just gets all the attention. Hitler was sneaky like that.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Must be. If it's History Channel, there's some connection to Nazi Germany somewhere. If you got all your knowledge of the past from that channel, you'd think nothing else ever happened in the 10,000 years of human civilization.

Except for, apparently, astronauts crashing on that crazy planet of the apes. Wait a second. Statue of Liberty? That was Earth! Damn you! You had to go and blow it up, didn't you!! Damn you all to hell!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Right before that came on there was a show about "The Real King Kong". Apparently there's some monster ape in the woods.

Crazy schtuff.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Okay, now that you mention it, I do recall seeing something about that. I think it was about Gigantopithecus, though, which would be several million years ago. (Again, technically out of the historical record. But maybe Hitler once commented that it would be cool to have an army of them, or something.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Right before that came on there was a show about "The Real King Kong". Apparently there's some monster ape in the woods.

Crazy schtuff.

heheh, thanks for reminding me. I recorded that and need to watch it. Maybe tomorrow morning.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I watched like 2 minutes of it and all I saw was a poor re-enactment...even by HIstory Channel standards it was bad.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Why is POTA being replayed on History Channel right now?

They've been having a bunch of ape shows on the last few days. In the past they have had movies on and historians have commented on how acurate they are... but POTA? My no know.

I hope they play George A. Romero's Monkey Shines next week.