Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

The Amazing Race: All Stars

The Amazing Race (Season 11): All Stars gets started in two weeks, on Sunday, Feb. 18 @ 8:00. Same timeslot as last time, but since it won't be competing with Sunday Night Football, I should be able to watch the entire season.

Here are the contestants.

Most of them are familiar to me.

Charla & Mirna . Charla was awesome, Mirna was a turd. Remember how Mirna would always put on make-up and whatnot before seeing Phil at the mat?

David & Mary are back. Hopefully Mary won't twist her ankle this time.

Rob & Amber. Everyone's most hated team (especially amongst the contestants). They are definitely one of the stronger teams out of the bunch.

I have no idea who Kevin and Drew, Oswald and Danny and Joe and Bill are b/c I never watched the first couple of seasons.

One of the teams I was really hoping would make it were the hippies, BJ & Tyler, winners of Season 9. They were hilarious.

Thoughts?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I'm surprised that the twins from season 2 aren't on - nor are the hippies! Those guys are still my favorite.

There appears to be a bunch from Season 1 - which I didn't see...I don't recognize a bunch.

I'm gonna have to wait until the race starts before I pick a team - but I do like Candice and Dustin. They race to win.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    I'm gonna have to wait until the race starts before I pick a team - but I do like Candice and Dustin. They race to win.
    Same here pegs.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Just a reminder: Amazing Race starts tonight!!!

Pretty decent episode. Amber is starting to get Rob's attitude tho...but it was nice to see him do something nice. (I laughed when he said "this is the 1st nice thing I've done, I want it noted!)

How did so many of them screw up the directions??? (going to the south, and not the north entrance??)
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    How did so many of them screw up the directions??? (going to the south, and not the north entrance??)
    No kidding. I think Mirna and Charla messed up by not telling the local guy which entrance. They just said the location, so he probably took them to the south entrance, not knowing any better. I'd say that would be Mirna and Charlas fault for not clarifying (unless they did and I missed it). The others I can't explain.

I thought it was a really good episode. Rob and Amber have proved that they are an elite team and are the ones to beat (I think we all knew that anyways). I was surprised with how well Oswald and Danny did. And I was absolutely shocked that John Vito and Jill got booted off. If you had told me they would have been the first to go, I'da called you crazy.

Good episode, looking forward to next weeks.

It's going to be a good season this time.

Yes, directions was a problem for more than one team. Wrong directions, reading them incorrectly, etc...

Already tired of Romber. Never liked them anyway. They crave the media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Already tired of Romber. Never liked them anyway. They crave the media attention.

I hear ya.

Mom's two favorite teams are David and Mary and Mirna and Charla. She kept saying in the last 10 minutes, I hope my favorite teams aren't out.

It just seemed that Drew's heart wasn't in the race. Physically, it took a toll on him.

I liked it that Romber was delayed at the airport.

Who else but Mary went around and wrote the names off the pictures first? No one. And you'd think after everyone went to that particular photo everyone else would, too.

As much as I hate saying this, Rob said something last night that mad sense: He said he and Amber are focused on running the race, not focused on the other teams or what they're thinking or doing.

Still hate Romber.

Good episode. I was glad to see the two baldies get kicked off. They became obnoxious rather quickly. That one was a sore loser too.

Mirna and Chmirna are back to their old ways and attitudes. Rather annoying most of the time, but you gotta love their comedic relief.

Romber, don't like them, but they sure know how to play. No doubt about that.

Looking forward to the next episode.