Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Guess my thread over in the "music" section is a duplicate, as this discussion is well underway.

I'll echo my over there sentiments here though (GNT would, which makes it okay), and say he rocked. I loved the Foo cover - thought it was the highlight of the set in fact.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

It was as boring as every other half-time show.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    It was as boring as every other half-time show.
    Yep. Not even Janet's tatter at half time was exciting for me.

I'll wager Newsbot was excited though.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'm upset. They could have arranged to have an Ashley Simpson wardrobe malfunction or something cooler like that!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm upset. They could have arranged to have an Ashley Simpson wardrobe malfunction or something cooler like that!
    I'm assuming you mean Janet Jackson?

You wanted a wardrobe malfunction on Prince? Hm, suddenly Tycho, so many things i thought I knew about you and your antics just flew out the window.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

didn't do it for me. was working a Super Bowl Party so I basically just heard a few snipits as I was cleaning up the food. I think the best Halftime Show I have seen was the year with Paul McCartney.

How about Billy Joel singing the anthem ? He sounded a little off-key in the begininng.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

No. Prince is disgusting! And I'm not into guys.

Next, I'm also not into Janet Jackson. So I just picked Ashlee Simpson as a quick resort.

I'd volunteer Lindsey Lohan, but I don't know which one of the teeny-boppers are bad singers and which ones are just bad actresses. I don't think I'm attracted to any of the current "stars," or at least I don't pay much attention to them. Kristin Kruek (Smallville) is still my style.

EDIT: I just thought of something that would be disgusting, but nevertheless funny - a Donald Trump / Rosie O'Donnel mud wrestling match at the 50 yard line! With the crowd calling for blood and hair pulling (not to mention the destruction of the comb-over) that would be entertainment. They could pipe in Metallica for the occasion: "Aint' My B***ch!"

They should have consulted me on the entertainment options for this show. I'd give America what it's begging for!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post

How about Billy Joel singing the anthem ? He sounded a little off-key in the begininng.
    I noticed that as well. It almost sounded like his voice cracked a bit.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yeah, Billy Joel's voice was cracking at the beginning, and was flat throughout.

I think Prince is a great musical artist, but he totally flopped yesterday. He was playing the guitar for sure, but there were parts that he was faking as well. But nobody would fake playing THAT sloppy, and Prince brought no energy to his singing either - I suspect the rain bummed him out and killed his guitar playing as well. I was actually quite surprised at how badly Prince did with this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How 'bout the shadow antics with his guitar ?

It was okay I guess, but totally unneccesary to cover 2 lackluster songs when he has so many of his own good ones to play.