Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't really understand why Prince would play down to the level of the Foo Fighters.

First off Caes, the Foo's rock, don't dis the Foo!

I remember Prince singing "Tell me do you like what you see..", to which I replied "No". My girlfriend laughed. My mom was so into Prince, she went to see him in concert when he was still with his band "The Revulotion". Did anyone see the lightningjust as little "P" hit the stage?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I thought you liked the Foo, Cae?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The lightning might've been proof of two things:

1) God exists

2) He has bad aim in his old age.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Not really Chux, well they do have some decent tunes so I will give them credit but I think they are overrated for the most part and very very trendy. Plus that Mentos songs sucked.

Still, Prince is PRINCE for god's sake...he should have played another Prince song.

Know what would be frightening? Metallica playing covers of Cyndi Lauper songs!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

metallica is a great cover band though. that would be a hilarious album - metallica plays the 80's

no i didn't watch any of the game, commercials or halftime. wasn't that excited about the choice of prince for entertainment at a football game.

IT sucked, period.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Except for the solos. I'll give him that. That's always been my biggest frustration with Prince: he's clearly an amazing guitarist, but you're lucky to get five seconds of guitar in most of his songs.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    How about Billy Joel singing the anthem ? He sounded a little off-key in the begininng.
    I thought he did a good job PLUS he played the song "straight" and didn't butcher it at all.*

although had I known he was going to play it that way I would have taken the 'under' in our bet on how long he'd take to sing the anthem.