Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I thought he did a good job PLUS he played the song "straight" and didn't butcher it at all.
    just the beginning was off-key and cracked. the rest of the song was good but not his best work. but anything is better than Roseanne singing.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Billy Joel at "not his best" is still better than 99.99% of the other musicians out there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought Prince put on a pretty good show. I too was wondering if the guitar was faked because early on it looked like it was still playing when he took his hands off it, but if it was just one hand, then maybe it was real. You could see that he was playing the notes with one hand many times after that. I saw him on an awards show a couple years ago and it was the first time I realized how good a guitar player he was. I was just looking at comments on a Prince site and I didn't see anything to suggest that it was fake, so I say the guitar playing was real.

Billy rocked, Prince sucked.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    How 'bout the shadow antics with his guitar ?
    You know, I didn't even think of it that way, it wasn't until it was pointed out by either The Daily Show or Colbert Report.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    just the beginning was off-key and cracked. the rest of the song was good but not his best work. but anything is better than Roseanne singing.
    What about Carl Lewis?

Billy sounded pretty good, I'm not really into Prince much, but he was one of the better performances of late at the Superbowl.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Carl Lewis could outrun Roseanne.
    That he could but did you ever hear his attempt at singing the National Anthem? Two words: not good.

I dont know why Prince was picked for the half-time show....it seemed kind of...lame? Prince is alright, but when I picture a football half-time show, I see it more as hard rock and not, well, Prince.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!