Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl View Post
    I dont know why Prince was picked for the half-time show....it seemed kind of...lame? Prince is alright, but when I picture a football half-time show, I see it more as hard rock and not, well, Prince.
    Perhaps that is why he chose more rocking tunes and covered Foo Fighters rather than do some of his regular stuff.

I'll agree with IJG about Prince... I just didn't get it. And couldn't stand the way Fox was hyping it for the preceding month. I didn't understand the choice of songs that he smosshed together. For me it felt very disjointed. If not for the Foo Fighters song I think a case could've been made about the songs being great American rock songs (Proud Mary [was that the name? By CCR?] and All Along The Watchtower).

When the sheet came down and Prince's shadow was being projected I thought he was masturbating with his guitar.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I'm not really a fan of Prince. I haven't really kept up with much of what he has done since Purple Rain, but after seeing that awards show performance that I mentioned, I saw that he is definitely a great guitar player. I may not care for his music, but I admit he is a great entertainer. I thought he put on a good show. I think the unexpected choice of several cover songs made it more interesting than just coming out and performing his own stuff. The set was full of high energy tunes and it sounded pretty good.

Some interesting choices for the future might be:

Mandy Moore performs Metallica's greatest hits.

MotorHead plays Cyndi Lauper

Barry Manalowe sings Slayer

Boy George performs Eminem

The list goes on...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

On Robin Williams' Reality...What a Concept! album, he said, "Joan Sutherland sings Rod Stewart" and then sang a line of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" in an female opera voice.

Maybe instead, Pat Boone could perform songs from In a Metal Mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Maybe instead, Pat Boone could perform songs from In a Metal Mood.
    I'm there.

That is, even if unintentionally, one of the funniest albums ever recorded.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm there.

I still have that one. I played it just once, just once.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm there.

I think I saw him perform "Enter Sandman" on Letterman. I just listened to clips from the album on iTunes. I don't remember for sure, but the version I saw seemed to rock a bit more than the album.