Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Did anyone else find it a little strange...

...that Prince covered the Foo Fighters during the Super Bowl halftime show?

First, the Foo Fighters would probably be a bigger "draw" than Prince.

Second, I suppose this proves he was a liar when he said about ten years ago that he only listened to his own music and would continue to do so. Else how would he have been exposed to "Best of You"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes. He also covered Hendrix...well, technically Bob Dylan I suppose. Seemed like some strange selections.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

And Creedence. The older stuff seems less odd to me, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Did he do CCR? I wasn't fully paying attention. While I was making my other post, I couldn't remember if he did Purple Haze or All Along the Watch Tower. It seemed strange to me because I don't ever remember him covering anyone.

I was wondering which of his songs he would preform because of the dispute with his record label that led him to change his name. Prince always seemed weird, then that sketch on the Chapelle Show confirmed it.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

He did "Proud Mary" last night. And a bit of "All Along the Watchtower." Then, next thing I know, he's doing Foo Fighters.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Who better to play at the testosterone-fueled Super Bowl than the most effeminate entertainer this side of Little Richard.

I got up and did dishes while he was performing, proving my masculinity.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I don't know, but it was by far the best halftime show in years.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I thought the order of his set was weird (along with the covers as well). He did a couple of fast songs and then a slow song (I don't remember which song that was) and then he ended with Purple Rain?!?!?!? Little Red Corvette would have been a better choice. Personally I had my fingers crossed that he'd play Batdance and/or "Kitty" Control.

Quote Originally Posted by QLD View Post
    I don't know, but it was by far the best halftime show in years.
    I am in complete agreement on this one. Great performance.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Prince at Half-Time

Whatdya think? I thought it was too apparent that some air-guitar was happening (unless there was a 2nd guitarest in the blacked-out back-up band, which is possible), but I thought he put on a great show. The Foo Fighters cover was a nice surprise, probably the highlight of the set. The little man can still make magic happen.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008