I had a new dream: home repair, 6th grade teacher, college papers, SW collecting...

This one's strange:

In short, my 6th grade teacher hired me to fix up things in an empty home she inherited so she could rent or sell it. We met over dinner and coffee so we could draw up a schedule, estimating when my work would be completed at a manageable pace with me only working on it Saturdays and Sundays.

I would have to do things like sanding and painting, flooring, and plumbing - basically contractor work.

(When I was a kid I actually worked for her washing her car and taking care of her landscaping - I had a business I ran in the neighborhood doing just that.)

Anyway, in my dream I was in college and in exchange for my work, my old teacher would write my term papers. In addition, she would complete the work on my novel that I'm currently writing according to my outline. Finally, she had made contact with my contacts at my retail toy sources, and she'd collect all my Star Wars figures for me so I wouldn't have to. It seemed like a good bargain.

She also smiled upon the relationship I had with one of her daughters who was 3 years younger than me - this is true, but we actually kept our friendship secret from her mom and as far as I knew, it stayed that way unless the older sister, who was 1 year younger than me, blabbed when she caught us. But I never heard that. Anyway, her younger daughter was a real wild one, but not in my dream enough to make it that great or anything.

I just felt relieved that someone else was getting me Star Wars figures and I didn't have to worry about hunting more Clone Troopers down.

It turns out I stayed in bed later this morning and decided not to go to Wal-Mart or Target.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No you didn't.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    No you didn't.
    I didn't what?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I didn't what?
    ...have a dream.

You know I'm just here to give you a hard time, buster!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm sure it means something. or nothing.

Which in turn could mean something.

or nothing.

The real dream was an orgy between the daughters and the mother, right?

Actually probably not, only that level of detail could come from such a disappointing dream, the best ones you don't remember enough of and fake ones you know TOO much of.

You need to start watching weird movies before going to sleep or leave the radio playing, it should make your dreams alot more intriguing for you and the rest of us.

Or...maybe your subconscious is trying to get you to limit your collecting habits. You want so many Clones, but you don't want to search for them. So without searching today, despite not getting Clones through other means, you still seem content.

Quite fascinating really.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    The real dream was an orgy between the daughters and the mother, right?
    Gross! My 6th grade teacher was pretty in the face, but she was a large woman if you know what I mean. Her daughters were very cute though - especially the younger, sort of slutty one.

Actually probably not, only that level of detail could come from such a disappointing dream, the best ones you don't remember enough of and fake ones you know TOO much of.
    That was a great way of explaining that. Kudos!

Or...maybe your subconscious is trying to get you to limit your collecting habits. You want so many Clones, but you don't want to search for them.
    I considered that too. While I've never been a completist, I really look forward to the day when I almost never purchase any new toys.

I really like what I've got, and there's very specific things I want to add to my 'collection' (read: dioramas) but it ends there. I'm not buying that video game wave of figures, the concept stuff, haven't touched the 2" Unleashed - there's so much I'm through with.

I want one thing only from Master Replicas now (see my signature), and about 50 or so potential figures from Hasbro, almost none of them being main characters (improved, resculpted, repainted, or anything else except for never-made-before like Lando Smuggler).

So without searching today, despite not getting Clones through other means, you still seem content.
    I actually went into Target today at like 1:30pm just curious if they stock during the day (I've made evening trips before too), but yes I was quite content to go back to sleep and not run around the toy isles with a bunch of Hot Wheels guys only to get nothing. Wal-Mart's been better for me lately.

Quite fascinating really.
    Maybe. I'm going to review Haagen-Daas coffee flavored ice cream in just a little bit though (haven't tried it yet). And that promises to be really fascinating!