Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A review of Thomas' English Muffins

Another food product thread prompted by a true love for another tasty item.

I love how you toast these and they have that doughy taste and the butter gets into all those nooks and crannies (I'm sure I sound like the commercial).

But I had not purchases English Muffins for probably a year. I go through phases of getting tired of something or another.

But you get 6 or so in a box and I must enjoy them if I'm going through the box I just bought at a rate of like 2 a day.

That tells me to buy more than 1 box on my next trip.

(I do not normally buy more food than I estimate I'll eat in a week. I'm not a pack-rat with food).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

These things aren't that good anymore, the nooks and crannies are so prevalent that you can't butter them with a butterknife, it just mashes the muffin down and keeps the butter stuck in a pool in a few places. And they're really pricey compared to Van de Kamps which I have every day.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I will try Van de Kamps based on your recommendation on my next trip to the store. I've liked their bread products before.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The only time I have Thomas' English Muffins is when I make them into little pizzas. Cut them in half, spread pizza sauce on them, top them with cheese and whatever else. Pop them in the oven. Very, very tasty!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    The only time I have Thomas' English Muffins is when I make them into little pizzas. Cut them in half, spread pizza sauce on them, top them with cheese and whatever else. Pop them in the oven. Very, very tasty!!!

The only way I will eat them as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post

Those are great that way!. You know: I have spaghetti sauce and cheese here at home, and 1 muffin left...

(what happened to an "idea" emoticon with the little lightbulb above the head?)

wow, I can't remember the last time I had English Muffins.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I prefer Scottish Muffins.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ditto for me on the mini-pizzas, that "recipe" is genius, as we have a low-grade grocery store here that sells mostly pre-made dinners and crap (and being vegetarian pretty much all of them are no good for us) so if we ever get lazy (or caught flat-footed by bad weather and can't make a proper grocery run) they are a great substitute for actual food.. best part is that any english muffin is good enough for the treatment Isobaws :mebs:&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.