Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Anakin?

Jedi Anakin?

Am I the only one that's really confused by Hasbro's choice to not have a "Jedi" Anakin released somewhere in the first waves?

I thought that he would be the central figure. He's going to be the one that all the kids want, along with Jango. The outfit we're getting him in is only worn in a small portion of the film, and (as far as I know) involves no action scenes.

It's kind of like if Kenner made the "X-Wing" Luke before the "Tatooine" Luke.

I was kind of expecting him to show up in the Deluxe line, but now that we've seen pics, I'm totally perplexed.

I like enough of what I've seen of the E2 figures to be excited. But not having the main character in his signiture outfit in the initial wave, is a really bad idea.

I hope Hasbro proves me wrong.
    "and Jaaaane, she is a clllllerk"

just because we have not seen him, does not mean he won't be on the pegs on april 23. nevertheless, we'll be swimming in jedi anakin resculpts this time next year.

Hasbro probably didn't like the prototype Jedi Anakin with Jedi Swing and Removable Arm features, so they sent him back to the production stage, and we'll get two instead.

There will probably hopefully be a wave with Ani, Obi, Dooku, and Yoda that's released around May 16.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Thumbs up

Don't worry, I am sure we will be getting one. I have no doubts.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    There will probably hopefully be a wave with Ani, Obi, Dooku, and Yoda that's released around May 16.
    I think thats what Hasbro is waiting on, releasing any figures that are to spoilerish in the April premiere release. So they are holding off on the Jedi Duel Ani, Obi, Dooku and Yoda since we know from spoilers they will have some things Lucas might not want out til after May. For instance:

Anakin Skywalker w/Blue and Green Lightsabers

Count Dooku w/ Red and Blue Lightsabers

Yoda w/ Green Lightsaber and Crane (Deluxe Figure)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-05-2002 at 02:28 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

But the beauty of this is that Yoda doesn't have to be a deluxe figure, because he's small. Then can give him a 'saber and the crane, and still pack it as a regular carded.

Of course, how to use the crane in a scene remains to be seen. It's not like using a magnet for a saber or a probe droid...
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

have you seen the LEGO™ version? A crane can be used in any Tatooine scene you care to create, especially with the Falcon in a docking bay sort of thing. You can use it with the Imperials in a docking bay sort of thing. Or the rebels in a secret hidden docking bay sort of thing............ Oh deary me.....

But you're right about Yoda with crane not qualifying for deluxe status. All these smaller characters should be packed two to a card if they're gonna cost the same as a normal figure. I only ever buy the diddy figures if they're on clearance normally. But Hasbro are definately stiffing us with small figures. One astro droid on a card and it costs the same as a big figure like Padme with arena pillar or Anakin with storage chest. ridiculous!

back to the thread topic. I can see an Anakin Jedi figure hitting shelves on april 23rd. How could they hope to get the kids interested if they don't have a million and one hero figures and toys? Whether it be a basic figure or a deluxe figure I reckon he'll be there. I mean the whole damn film is about him and his girlfiend isn't it? Seems that way anyhow. That and some darned guy in a bucket who can't shoot straight....... How many figures of a second rate villian do we need? Oh, you Fett fans have got a lot to answer for...!

Even if Yoda is small, Hasbro will try to milk some more money out of us and put him in the deluxe assortment .
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I agree evenflow

Hasbro will slap some all-magical "force" action with a Yoda
    figure and say.."Hey,That costs us a penny more..lets package
    it as a deluxe".And then,we will be stuck with a $10 Yoda.(
    That is,if you choose to get it)
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!