Page 2 of 216 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Oh, Caesar, I like you, but now that you've said that, I wish I could send you and your annoying sister Deedee into a dystopian future where Aku is law.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I don't care for the realism shading on top of Genndy's designs, if it's not Genndy directing/producing it, they should do their own thing.

What happened to the old days when people used to use paper and pencil to animate cartoons? Enough with the CG cartoons people! Besides, if you're not Pixar, you shouldn't be doing computer animation.....Shrek being the only exception....

Caesar you will not enjoy Aku land......
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    What happened to the old days when people used to use paper and pencil to animate cartoons? Enough with the CG cartoons people! Besides, if you're not Pixar, you shouldn't be doing computer animation.....Shrek being the only exception....
    John Lasseter, head of Pixar and now head of Disney Animation, officially announced last week what he'd said informally since taking this new position several months ago: Disney's 2D feature animation department will be restored!

Sadly, this probably comes a bit too late for the geniuses who were fired under the previous management and started their own studio a year or so ago.

Of course, Lasseter is buddies with Hayao Miyazaki, and Disney has the US rights to all new Studio Ghibli films, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some true collaboration there in the future. He also scrapped the in-production Toy Story 3 (which Disney started after the initial break with Pixar), saying that there would be a Toy Story 3, it wouldn't be the one Disney started, and it would be produced by Pixar.

I really, really hope this means there'll be an Incredibles 2 with Pixar and Brad Bird at the helm. And I would not at all mind if some sort of agreement with Tim Burton were to be worked out so there could be a proper NMBC 2 (possibly based on the epilogue from the soundtrack).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If anyone can save 2D animation, it's Lasseter....I can't take watching Cinderella 3 on video with my 5 year old daughter anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Yeah, Disney made a huge mistake thinking it was the CG and not the quality of the movie that made Pixar's films so popular. They canned all their feature film animators, and kept the TV animation folks (basically the B-Team) to keep churning out those godawful sequels. (I once saw about two minutes of Atlantis II, and, man, it was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. I wanted to watch Mac & Me afterward to clear it out of my mind.)

Sad, because they really some some brilliant 2D films in the final few years: Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis, The Emperor's New Groove... not sure exactly who worked on Dinosaur, since it's sort of a different animal altogether. But those four, man, all easily in the Top 10 Disney 'toons of all time.

BTW, Tartakovsky moved on to CG. I'm not sure what he's doing at the moment, but I saw him at a Q&A panel following the premiere of Clone Wars Volume II. He regretted leaving 2D, but said there was basically no work in 2D at the moment, since all the studios were embracing 3D. But he wanted to come back to 2D as soon as he could, and to also finish Samurai Jack when he had the chance (and knew how to end it). Not sure how the recent death of Mako (the voice of Aku) will affect that, though.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-16-2007 at 12:13 AM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    John Lasseter, head of Pixar and now head of Disney Animation, officially announced last week what he'd said informally since taking this new position several months ago: Disney's 2D feature animation department will be restored!
    Which is good, because things have been a little slow for those animation factories in Korea.

-----

I'll wait to see more than just the top of Yoda's head before I make a decision about the new series.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    I'll wait to see more than just the top of Yoda's head before I make a decision about the new series.
    I agree. It's hard to judge the style of animation we will see from just this shot of Yoda. Though just this picture of his head, the style already appeals to me. I for one wouldn't want it too realistic, or we might as well be watching the CG characters in the movies. I also wouldn't want it in the same style as Roughnecks or the GI Joe series or any of the Pixar movies. I wouldn't mind it being a little derivative of the cartoon Clone Wars, but some of the angular 2D head shapes just wouldn't work here. I'm sure they'll come up with something cool.

With my interest in Star Wars at an all-time low right now, and the fact that I thought Clone Wars Season/Volume 2 sucked hard, I really don't give a carp.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Oh, Caesar, I like you, but now that you've said that, I wish I could send you and your annoying sister Deedee into a dystopian future where Aku is law.
    Said what, the part about Uncle Gundy or TPM Yoda ?

WTF is Aku Land ?

Mako was The Balls in Conan the Destroyer, I'll give him love for that.

Me, I think Genndy should be directing them. The guy's done better with SW recently than Lucas, so why not just hand it over to him?
    I believe it's because either Lucas or he didn't want to, and Genndy is now directing a sequel to The Dark Crystal for a new arm of Lucasfilm actually.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    I hate bendy broflovski's style. It's like 1950's minimalist avant garde cartoons with the edges smoothed.
    It's an homage to Hanna-Barbara, I believe, and while it gets played out quickly, I think it took a real creative genius like Genndy to take something so simple and make Samurai Jack work, which is what convinced Lucas to do Clone Wars at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I was hoping Yoda would be based on the TPM design.
    Crappy puppet or CGI TPM-special edition version?

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    CG can be cheaper and helmed more easily than traditional cel-animation, even less time-consuming, though the high-end ones are often anything but.

And as for Pixar, well, Pixar started as an arm of Lucasfilm before Steve Jobs bought it from Lucas, so they have some claim to it.

(watch this, I'm going to make Chux's head explode)
    I really, really hope this means there'll be an Incredibles 2 with Pixar and Brad Bird at the helm.
    I think The Incredibles was ridiculously overrated, uncreative drivel that was the least Pixar-like film in their stable. The writing was lacking and telegraphed nearly every move, it borrowed too heavily from its comic book and James Bond sources, and it's just not all that funny either. Plus, it ran WAY too long. Coming off of the far more creative and unique Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo, The Incredibles was the wrong fork in the road for Pixar to take. It's an alright film but from Pixar and Disney's A-Grade material, that means so much less.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.