Page 204 of 216 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2152

Cool

omg clone wars is like the one of dissapoint cartoons after smucktapes the only gud prat was savage oppres who was like the COOLEST EVAR almost as cool as darth maul that's why his on my avatars de u know
    sumtimes ppl make a war and why is for? i dno think war cool,
    *LIKE IF YOU AGREE*

Quote Originally Posted by masterväder View Post
    omg clone wars is like the one of dissapoint cartoons after smucktapes the only gud prat was savage oppres who was like the COOLEST EVAR almost as cool as darth maul that's why his on my avatars de u know
    Uhhhhh...

So... the first episode in the Mortis cycle was pretty good. Interesting exploration of what may or may not be adding to the mythology of the Chosen One.

Talking about this episode is sorta like talking about an episode of Lost in that it's an episode with "Son" and "Jinn".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I know that Shmi was obviously the Son, but what about Qui-Gon and mature Ahsoka? Qui-Gon could have possibly been the spirit, manifesting itself on the planet (leading credibility to the Netherworld theory). He could have also easily been the Daughter, but it's hard to say.
    If you watch the episode, Qui-Gon Jinn appears with that shimmery luminous Force apparition goodness, but Shmi does not-- and neither does mature Ahsoka. So-- I think there are a couple different things at play here.

I also feel that the ghost of Qui-Gon IS, indeed, the ghost of Qui-Gon, but because there is so much trickery at play on Mortis, Obi-Wan doesn't realise that it was the real deal, thus, he is still surprised at Yoda's revelation at the end of ROTS.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I also feel that the ghost of Qui-Gon IS, indeed, the ghost of Qui-Gon, but because there is so much trickery at play on Mortis, Obi-Wan doesn't realise that it was the real deal, thus, he is still surprised at Yoda's revelation at the end of ROTS.
    That makes sense, I guess. I still think Obi-Wan would have acted more surprised that Qui-Gon was "floating" in front of him. He acted like, "Oh, it's you again".
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I don't know whether or not to feel annoyed that the entire Star Wars Saga has been boiled down to a three part Clone Wars episode.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post

Jedibear, there's evidently a three-episode arc focused on Rex coming up soon. These are just exploring different avenues and sidetracks during the same time period. It's not like we don't already have a ton of clones-vs.-droids episodes, and those can easily get quite repetitive.
    Not if the stories were good, the characters were interesting and the action was varied.

I watched part 2 of this "Mortis" story and...ugh. It was even more annoying than the first part. After tonight's episode. I've come to the conclusion that other than the pretty pictures, there's nothing there.

This series will end up being as "canon" to me SW story-wise as the Droids/Ewoks cartoons (maybe less).

It just isn't playing like SW to me with all of the sword-and-sorcery nonsense. The "Force People" did nothing but spout Star Wars cliches at each other. Even the imagery was one cliche after another, with the tall spire/castles (where was the eye of Sauron?), flying Griffin/Dragon things, stoney, long-faced "wizards", ugh. I hope it turns out that these are just some log-lived race of force-users who are strong in the force, but not the be-all, end-all of the force...just something that doesn't negate the ideas of the force as it's presented in the films. Heck, even the midiclorians make enoug sense and leave enough of the "mystery" behind to keep it interesting.

I understand that since this is a weekly show that's trying to appeal to as broad a demographic as possible that they want to produce some variety...but there should be a way to write/produce that without resorting to the dime-store fantasy schlock-fest it's been on for a month...

I'm glad to hear some clone-centric episodes are coming, especially with Rex. The show is still called "The Clone Wars" after all...

You ever notice (that in all cartoons, movies, etc) whenever a key object has to be passed from one person to another, no matter how close two people are together, it's always tossed instead of handed over, and always intercepted by the very person/group that the item is to be used against?

I learned along time ago in scouts the correct way to pass a blade from one person to another. You would have thought that Obi-Wan would have learned the same lesson at Jedi school.

I'm not sure if the CW tagline should be changed from "Secrets Revealed" to "Confusion Increased." SCHOOLING ALERT (with an emphasis on literature) In a novel, the exposition parts are meant to take time, and perhaps be seen as dull or boring, but they are, if well-written, key to understanding later plot scenarios. I just don't see these 3-episode arcs doing that. There was so much potential to tie-in the Prequel and OT films, but it's getting murkier and in some cases, wrong.

A lot of LOTR appeared in this one. For a brief nanosecond, I wondered if this would be Ahsoka's end, as well as if Anakin would blow up in anger over that. How long does it take to steal a ship and leave a planet anyway?

Odd, head-scratchingly odd.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I learned along time ago in scouts the correct way to pass a blade from one person to another. You would have thought that Obi-Wan would have learned the same lesson at Jedi school.
    Yes, I do believe Obi-wan would have lost his Totin' Chip after that maneuver

This episode started stronger than I was expecting, almost in a mature manner, but then it got pretty full of itself and went downhill fast.

Excellent point about the weapon being tossed for cheesy effect. These are Jedi too, couldn't they just use the Force to see it'll get intercepted, or use the Force to keep someone away from it, or something that still gets to show them using a cheap cartoon action move without being stupidly contrived?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    Yes, I do believe Obi-wan would have lost his Totin' Chip after that maneuver
    Didn't it used to be called a "Totin' Chit"? I used to think that the Boy Scouts made a bad word term then.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(