Page 205 of 216 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2152
    I thought it was "chit" too, but I couldn't find anything other than "totin' chip" online.
    I did however, find a Firem'n Chit, but I honestly don't remember every earning or receiving it at any point in my scouting career

I watched it for a second time to get it off my DVR. Was Ashoka dead? And Anakin brought her back to life? So in EIII when he is looking for a way to bring Padme back to life, he had previously done it a year or two before? And he used light side energy to do it, so why would he not try to find that planet again?

And checking out the preview for the last episode of this arc, Anakin is shown his future. Although cool to see it animated, wouldn't he realize what was going on and try to stop it? And should he be choking Padme in the correct outfit? Have the writers even watched the movie? Is this the product of everyone having a short attention span?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

It appears that Ashoka was indeed dead. But Anakin seemed to be more of a conduit for the Daughter's powers guided by her father through Anakin, rather than bringing her back to life himself. And from everything we've seen of Mortis and the Father, Son, and Daughter... it seems to more that they are aspects of the Force it's self. The Father being the Force in Balance, with the Son and Daughter being the fractured aspects of the Dark and Light Side. Especially if as the Father said, his Daughter's death would bring the Dark Side more power in the Universe. I don't think we're ever supposed to know the true nature of the realm they're in.

As for the vision's Anakin sees next episode, they may be the original events that occured before Anakin saw those glimpses into the future. And much like what happened in Revenge of the Sith, Anakin's actions to prevent those visions simply caused them to occur. It seemed to be Anakin's destiny to go down this path, no matter how many avenues he follows in order to prevent it. We'll see how it plays out. But that's the easiest explaination for things.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I was just now able to watch it, and it was pretty damn intense. I wonder how it's going to play out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    I watched it for a second time to get it off my DVR. Was Ashoka dead? And Anakin brought her back to life? So in EIII when he is looking for a way to bring Padme back to life, he had previously done it a year or two before? And he used light side energy to do it, so why would he not try to find that planet again?
    I wondered that as well, but it was through the Daughter's final act that Ahsoka was able to live again. With the Daughter now dead, her energy is gone and the Dark Side is consuming the planet, so I don't think it would be able to work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    And checking out the preview for the last episode of this arc, Anakin is shown his future. Although cool to see it animated, wouldn't he realize what was going on and try to stop it? And should he be choking Padme in the correct outfit? Have the writers even watched the movie? Is this the product of everyone having a short attention span?
    Why don't we not over-analyze a 30-second clip of an upcoming episode quite yet. I don't think it's fair to rag on the creators of this show for something like that, at least not until we have more details.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear
    It just isn't playing like SW to me with all of the sword-and-sorcery nonsense. The "Force People" did nothing but spout Star Wars cliches at each other. Even the imagery was one cliche after another, with the tall spire/castles (where was the eye of Sauron?), flying Griffin/Dragon things, stoney, long-faced "wizards", ugh. I hope it turns out that these are just some log-lived race of force-users who are strong in the force, but not the be-all, end-all of the force...just something that doesn't negate the ideas of the force as it's presented in the films. Heck, even the midiclorians make enoug sense and leave enough of the "mystery" behind to keep it interesting.
    Well, SW means different things to different people. This is obviously outside the realm of what we've seen before, but Anakin is my favorite character and the prophecy of the Chosen One has always been very intriguing to me as a SW fan. My favorite moments in the films aren't necessarily the ones where we focus directly on the war (in any of the films). Yes, it's called Clone Wars . . . but just because the movies are called Star Wars doesn't mean that they focus on war itself the entire time.

SW has always used centuries-old imagery and ideas. Sure, it's more overt here, but it's really nothing new overall.

I love the clone episodes as well, and I want more of them, too. But connections to the mythology of the films, and even changing our perception of them in some way, is something I really love about this series. I like to have my ideas shaken up every once in a while, to make me question things from the films I've assumed and taken for granted. To me, there's room for both kinds of episodes. It's too bad you don't feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I'm not sure if the CW tagline should be changed from "Secrets Revealed" to "Confusion Increased." SCHOOLING ALERT (with an emphasis on literature) In a novel, the exposition parts are meant to take time, and perhaps be seen as dull or boring, but they are, if well-written, key to understanding later plot scenarios. I just don't see these 3-episode arcs doing that. There was so much potential to tie-in the Prequel and OT films, but it's getting murkier and in some cases, wrong.
    I'm not sure I get what you're talking about. Are you saying these episodes are supposed to be exposition? Which ones in particular - just the Mortis arc? With the six films in and of themselves, we already know everything we absolutely need to know (including all necessary exposition). These just help us to think about things in a new way.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I have a hard time believing that Lucas' grand scheme for the Chosen One was to baby sit these two force brats. It seems like a lot of build up for nothing. My guess is, these three have a different interpretation of the Jedi scripture and this story arc was just that, a story arc.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Well, a quick search seemed to show that "chit" has been changed to "chip," perhaps to avoid any "oops" moments from kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm not sure I get what you're talking about. Are you saying these episodes are supposed to be exposition? Which ones in particular - just the Mortis arc? With the six films in and of themselves, we already know everything we absolutely need to know (including all necessary exposition). These just help us to think about things in a new way.
    Well, they've been saying that "secrets" will be "revealed" of course, but all the episodes seem to do is talk about information (exposition) that contradicts established SW stories, while also introducing some confusing details (that almost appear to need MORE exposition for them to make sense).

I would like to know more about what the films DIDN'T tell us, or what they left out, not other new irrelevent stuff. That's all.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 02-07-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I was surprised that Ashoka died, shocked actually. I thought that would have been a good way for her to leave the show, plus with the death of the daughter the dark can gain power. Maybe that would have been a bit much for one episode (that isn't the series finale) but I would have liked to have seen it.

I really didn't like all this fantasy stuff with the brother and the sister mutating into a bad copy of the Van Helsing movie.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I really didn't like all this fantasy stuff with the brother and the sister mutating into a bad copy of the Van Helsing movie.
    THANK YOU!!!
    That's my problem with this show veering so far into fantasy as opposed to it's own established reality. The imagery is almost like stock footage from other (outside) things we've seen.
    I'm not against a variety of story-telling in the show or by having my perceptions of what's come before (like in the movies) challenged. It's just that all we're being presented with here is lame imagery coupled with overused lines from the films (heck, I can't believe no one's spouted the ever-overused "I have a bad feeling about this" in this arc yet...but hey, there's one more week to go). At least the "Witches" arc featured some great character moments for Assaj, Dooku and the new character Opress.

If this show really wants to have something to say about the "chosen one" or the nature of the force, hopefully it can do it in a much more compelling and original than what this arc's presented. Not wanting to offend anybody who's into it...just stating my view....

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I have a hard time believing that Lucas' grand scheme for the Chosen One was to baby sit these two force brats. It seems like a lot of build up for nothing. My guess is, these three have a different interpretation of the Jedi scripture and this story arc was just that, a story arc.
    I haven't seen Mortis, only Overlords, so I could be completely off base. It could be more complicated than whether they were right or wrong. Keeping Son and Daughter on equal footing, balancing them, may work toward balancing the Force, but that may be only one thing he might do or might not do that would eventually balance the Force. Either way, if this was what it was all meant to be, it would seem kind of moot for Yoda and Mace to be discussing whether or not Anakin was the chosen one in Revenge of the Sith later in the chronology.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06