Page 206 of 216 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2152
    They're not discussing whether or not Anakin was the chosen one...

They were discussing that there could be grave consequences if the prophecy had been misread or misinterpreted by the Jedis. Which judging by what happens, is exactly what did occur.

Not to mention, they weren't involved in the Mortis mission. So don't have first hand knowledge of the events that occur there. We don't even know how much they were or weren't told.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Obi-Wan was there though, so we can assume that all the events were reported to the Jedi Council.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    They're not discussing whether or not Anakin was the chosen one...

They were discussing that there could be grave consequences if the prophecy had been misread or misinterpreted by the Jedis. Which judging by what happens, is exactly what did occur.

Not to mention, they weren't involved in the Mortis mission. So don't have first hand knowledge of the events that occur there. We don't even know how much they were or weren't told.
    Obi-Wan asks if Anakin is not the Chosen One, if he is not supposed to destroy the Sith and balance the Force. Mace says that's what the prophecy says. Yoda says it may have been misinterpreted. Whether the possible misinterpretation was what balance meant, that the Sith would be destroyed, that Anakin was the Chosen One, or all of the above really isn't made clear. In any event, they're heavily discussing the prophecy as a hypothetical, not something they ever once considered having already been done.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Once again "it's all Obi-Wan's fault" only this time he really set Anakin up for what he was destined to become by tossing that blade and Ashoka grabbing it.
    This is really turning into some kind of ironic tragedy.

Lots of references to other genres as mentioned. I saw some LOTR in there, even some Star Trek. I suppose they couldn't use a cube for Mortis but rather a diamond shape. Even Ashoka looked like she was infected with Borg nano probes.

Still I'm enjoying this story arc.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Lots of references to other genres as mentioned.
    And don't forget the use of "excaliber."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Guess who's coming to the show? I can't really say it's unexpected, but it's still awesome.
    Agreed, is there anyone this show won't trot out?

This is cool. He looks devious. I'm sure he didn't get to be Grand Moff for being a nice guy.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Agreed, is there anyone this show won't trot out?
    So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS, and had a huge military role in ANH, so I really don't think they're stretching here at all. Some of the OT characters (Greedo, Sy Snootles) have been odd choices, but this makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS, and had a huge military role in ANH, so I really don't think they're stretching here at all. Some of the OT characters (Greedo, Sy Snootles) have been odd choices, but this makes total sense.
    And he was also in at least one book that took place prior to the Clone Wars.