Page 207 of 216 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2152
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS, and had a huge military role in ANH, so I really don't think they're stretching here at all. Some of the OT characters (Greedo, Sy Snootles) have been odd choices, but this makes total sense.
    I actually on the other side of this. I can't believe it took three years for him to be in the show. He should have been in from the get-go, considering his stature at the end of EIII.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS
    I would say so. ROTS moreso than this one. ROTS was a Han Solo away from an ANH reunion (which damn near almost happened).
    Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, Artoo, Threepio, Owen & Beru I understood - they were necessary.
    But Tarkin (with that goofy GINORMOUS head), Chewie (who never shut the f*** up), THE Millennium Falcon (although not obvious) & the Death Star (It took 19 years to build the first and 3 years to build one twice as big?) were all pointless and unnecessary.

I agree that Tarkin should have been there from the beginning if they wanted to include him. Perhaps they could have substituted him for John Cleese.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS, and had a huge military role in ANH, so I really don't think they're stretching here at all. Some of the OT characters (Greedo, Sy Snootles) have been odd choices, but this makes total sense.
    Maybe its all of the cute "hey lets show person/thing X now, you loved them in the OT so we GOTTA show them now." That goes for both the PT and CW. (as others have said)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP
    And he was also in at least one book that took place prior to the Clone Wars.
    Which has nothing to do with anything.

The guy is a Grand Moff in ANH, that's above the highest possible rank in the Imperial Navy, so it's not surprising that he's going to be figuring into The Clone Wars in some way. I hope they handle it with some care and respect, and other than that, I have no qualms.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    But Tarkin (with that goofy GINORMOUS head), Chewie (who never shut the f*** up), THE Millennium Falcon (although not obvious) & the Death Star (It took 19 years to build the first and 3 years to build one twice as big?) were all pointless and unnecessary.
    I'm not sure what the EU says, but how do we know that it only took 3 years to build the 2nd one? They could have been working on it before the first one was destroyed. Also, doing something the first time is likely to take longer. Besides, the second one wasn't even complete yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Which has nothing to do with anything.
    The point I was trying to make was that the book established that he was around and involved in things long before the events of the Clone Wars. So, it isn't like he just pops up out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    ... the Death Star (It took 19 years to build the first and 3 years to build one twice as big?) were all pointless and unnecessary.
    Technically, that scene with the Emperor, Vader, Tarkin, and the Death Star could have happened at any time between ROTS and ANH.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Technically, that scene with the Emperor, Vader, Tarkin, and the Death Star could have happened at any time between ROTS and ANH.
    Except that the scene was shown before Obi-Wad dropped Luke off with Owen & Beru. Luke was still an infant, and last I heard Quentin Tarantino wasn't involved with ROTS. Therefore, the scenes should flow in a chronological fashion.

Frankly I'm shocked Tarkin hasn't been in it up until now. Given his Grand Moff status in A New Hope.

Looking forward to the next episode. Really liked how they handled things in this one. Especially with the reveals.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I really enjoyed the conclusion to this arc. I was glad that they connected the Chosen One prophecy back to the overall galaxy instead of just limiting it to Mortis. Having Rex think they were only gone for a second was great. Also very cool to get more Qui-Gon. Ahsoka's mechanic skills seemed to kind of come out of nowhere, unless I'm forgetting an earlier episode. Perhaps it's just Anakin spending time with her. I thought the visions of Anakin's future and Anakin's brief "turn to the Dark Side" were handled well; having him forget it makes it align with ROTS, but perhaps there's still something in the back of his head that will make him mistrust the Jedi more.

I guess we don't really know much more than we did at the beginning about the nature of these episodes, but I like that. They've been described as being like the tree cave from ESB, which is probably the best way to describe them.

Next week has Tarkin, Even Piell, and what looks like a lot of clones. Should be good.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Did the son spend the entire second episode of this arc trying to kill the father knowing that the father was the key to all of his power?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Except that the scene was shown before Obi-Wad dropped Luke off with Owen & Beru. Luke was still an infant, and last I heard Quentin Tarantino wasn't involved with ROTS. Therefore, the scenes should flow in a chronological fashion.
    The Death Star was pretty far along for it to be before Obi-Wan dropped off Luke. That's why I always figured that was a "timeless" scene. I never thought the ending was in chronological order, it was just a rap up of where everyone ends up leading into the next film.