Page 212 of 216 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2152
    To pun inappropriately at a character's death, I echo Mr. JabbaJohnL's comments. This episode was pretty good, not outstanding. I can't say that I am impatient to see the arc end, but I am curious.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'm liking this arc as well. Good action, and the usual shorthand way of storytelling with just "moments" that this show always does is actually working here. The brief exchange between Tarkin and Anakin was cool and although I can't stand her, the little flashes of rebellious attitude from Ashoka towards Anakin are a good touch. (Sidenote: I'm really wishing it were a different character that was with Chewie in those forthcoming episodes...as Battle Droid pointed out, Yoda would've been the best one and fit within "canon")...and as Snowtrooper mentioned. I've always thought any generic Trooper in these group situations is just a "red shirt". Interesting that they also bumped off another clone that has been featured in other popular clone-centric episodes. Alas poor Echo, we hardly knew ya...it'll be interesting to see what happens to "Fives" now...

I'm not minding the show featuring these already-established characters like young Boba, Quinlan Vos, Tarkin and now Chewie. My only (minor) gripe is that they just come-and-go with no real consequence...
    I mean, where is Boba anyway? Still languishing in the Jedi Temple basement? I guess Vos could just be doing what he was doing in the Republic/Clone Wars comics and Tarkin or Chewie? Well, that remains to be seen...

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I'm not minding the show featuring these already-established characters like young Boba, Quinlan Vos, Tarkin and now Chewie. My only (minor) gripe is that they just come-and-go with no real consequence...
    I mean, where is Boba anyway? Still languishing in the Jedi Temple basement? I guess Vos could just be doing what he was doing in the Republic/Clone Wars comics and Tarkin or Chewie? Well, that remains to be seen...
    That's a relatively common sentiment, but I think we might need to stop thinking about "where is this going?" and enjoy it in the present for what it is. Be mindful of the future - but not at the expense of the moment.

Quinlan was just a good fit for the content of the episode. It dealt a lot with underworld activities, and that's where Quinlan shines. If they used him too much there would be continuity issues since his story is pretty thoroughly told in the comics.

Boba's three-part arc was very satisfying to me. It expanded on something I had hoped to see after AOTC, meaning how he would deal with Mace killing Jango. As for right now, I assume he's just in prison, along with Bossk. These episodes aired right around a year ago, and I do still expect them to follow up on their story, just not for a while.

As for Tarkin, for all we know, all we'll see is the start of his professional relationship with Anakin, and how his contributing ideas for the Death Star took form. If they choose to use him after this, great; if not, then we can look at this arc as being a fun introduction to him.

There are so many characters and situations in this series that it's difficult to give time to them all - remember that Ventress wasn't in Season Two at all, and Grievous didn't appear once in 2009.

This was a pretty damn good episode - it had fun elements like the previous two but also a certain heaviness about it. Ahsoka killing Osi Sobeck with the ol' stab-through-the-back was pretty shocking, given we've only seen Ventress and Anakin kill people that way so far. The fight scene with the anoobas and crab droids was probably some of the best fight work they've done on the show so far, just really exciting. Perhaps this whole plot was Palpatine's way of getting the Nexus route information to orchestrate the attack on Coruscant in ROTS - pretty interesting to think of how much he could have been involved in this.

I liked finally getting to have Saesee Tiin do something (and we now know it's pronounced "Tin"). Plo Koon's admiral was named Keller, which is also the name of a clone from the comics. It was cool to see an "Asian" admiral and perhaps the first "Asian" human on the show. Saesee's ship looked like a green redeco of Ahsoka's, and Adi Gallia's looks like a red redeco of Plo Koon's - both their colors, though not their designs, match up with previously-established looks for their ships (Adi's in the Jedi Starfighter PS2 game, and Saesee's in the microseries).

Of course, the big continuity thing this time is Even Piell's death. He's not in ROTS, with the EU explanation that he's just not on the Council anymore for some reason. He apparently gets killed a few months after ROTS in Coruscant Nights: Jedi Twilight, the detective series. Even though this series is a violation of that (though I haven't read it and am just going off of descriptions), this certainly fits better with the ROTS movie canon than just letting him live off-camera. I wonder how they'll try to work this one.

This was the best "mini trilogy" of episodes of the season. Really well-done....good writing, fantastic visuals, great action and character moments.
    Yes, Ahsoka dispatching Sobeck through the back was a bit of a jolt...I actually enjoyed her arc throughout this story...lying to get on the mission and becoming an integral part of it by being there. Confessing her lie to Piell as he lays dying and ending up with an important part of the vital information was interesting, as was her pleading look to Koon as Skywalker asks him if she really was assigned to the mission. The lie begets the lie begets the lie...

The most stirring part of the episode was Piell's "funeral" watching Kenobi & Skywalker levitate his body into the sulphuric river...taking a moment out of the chase to treat their comrade to a ritual of respect was pretty awesome....I also had to wonder what the clones thought of that, considering no such moment was taken upon their fellow soldier Echo's demise. Maybe it didn't cross their minds, being soldiers...but it had to make some sort of impression.

And Tarkin...what a great introduction to the character this has been. Hope we see more of him in the series.

Great episodes... just great.

I liked this arc and I thought last nights episode was the best one out of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Yes, Ahsoka dispatching Sobeck through the back was a bit of a jolt...
    Ditto, that caught me off guard as well.
    The most stirring part of the episode was Piell's "funeral" watching Kenobi & Skywalker levitate his body into the sulphuric river...taking a moment out of the chase to treat their comrade to a ritual of respect was pretty awesome....I also had to wonder what the clones thought of that, considering no such moment was taken upon their fellow soldier Echo's demise. Maybe it didn't cross their minds, being soldiers...but it had to make some sort of impression.
    Again I agree and had the same thought, although perhaps the Jedi would say something along the lines of we had "some" time to do this vs. with Echo at that point they were literally on the run and being shot at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I liked finally getting to have Saesee Tiin do something (and we now know it's pronounced "Tin").

Of course, the big continuity thing this time is Even Piell's death. He's not in ROTS, with the EU explanation that he's just not on the Council anymore for some reason. He apparently gets killed a few months after ROTS in Coruscant Nights: Jedi Twilight, the detective series. Even though this series is a violation of that (though I haven't read it and am just going off of descriptions), this certainly fits better with the ROTS movie canon than just letting him live off-camera. I wonder how they'll try to work this one.
    Weird... my "reply" post jumped back to the main Section page. Odd (should I blame Palpatine's planning? )

I always thought it was "Tin" from the start.

Yes, that was where/how Piell died. But IIRC, there was some sort of "promise me you'll..." aspect in his death scene there, too.

For this episode, I liked the treatment of the villain. As always, Dooku was harsh with him as a subordinate, but somewhat fair. I now realize whose "voice" he reminded me of: Patty and/or Selma of the Simpsons. Really. The escape was fairly realistic (aside from the island in the middle of the fire lake as the LZ), and the tone of seriousness as mentioned above was appropriate.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I now realize whose "voice" he reminded me of: Patty and/or Selma of the Simpsons.
    Really!?!?! I can kinda see that but I still think of Pachino in Scent of a Lady.
    WHOOOAAAA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWX-ub3thjE

I really liked this 3 episode arc, lots of good action figure possibilities. It almost made me regret passing on the crab droid so many times when it was released as a "deluxe figure" back in 2009. They looked really great in this setting. Osi Sobeck was a cool character and Echo and Fives in ARC armor would definitely be welcome. The anoobas were pretty sweet looking too. All in all a great set of episodes.

Based on this preview and images in the latest Insider, it seems that the character I pointed out earlier isn't Han after all but a female Padawan. Also, looks like they won't be going to Kashyyyk, but Trandosha and Iwasskah.