Page 3 of 216 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    I don't mind the 3D CG style stuff, but I suppose I guess it depends on how it is done. I didn't really care for the Clone Wars style of animation. I also thought some of the action was over the top, such as the way Mace was a one man wrecking crew in that one episode. Anakin did something similar as well, and Durge was kind of like the Terminator or something that wouldn't die. I guess I would prefer more realistic action more than I would prefer realistic looking characters, so in that sense it won't matter to me if it is 2D or 3D. If they could make it like one of the better video games, than that would be all right.

Well, I don't collect the animated figures - so maybe 2008 will finally be the year that I don't have to buy many SW figures and can actually save some money.

Yoda doesn't look too bad though, I'll watch the shows for sure.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I collected the Clone Wars figures, but not the animated style series of figures. They'd have to look better than those for me to buy any done in an animated style.

You have to admit that not only was Grevious a better character (in terms of not dying like a chump) in the animated version, but better designed too...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    You have to admit that not only was Grevious a better character (in terms of not dying like a chump) in the animated version, but better designed too...
    same goes for Saesee Tinn and Kit Fisto
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

True, let's be honest, a lot of characters were better designed and had better story arcs in the CW series than the films....Shaak Ti also had a great arc in the 2nd series....too bad she didn't get her due in ROTS.....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

.....and just think, all these characters will be coming back in the new CW series. I hope there is more character development of these Jedi that got so easily demised in ROTS. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I also thought some of the action was over the top, such as the way Mace was a one man wrecking crew in that one episode. Anakin did something similar as well, and Durge was kind of like the Terminator or something that wouldn't die. I guess I would prefer more realistic action more than I would prefer realistic looking characters, so in that sense it won't matter to me if it is 2D or 3D.
    I definitely agree, Genndy turned up the Force powers to 11 on the cartoon, Mace lept further than Superman could too, it made Jedi way too invincible to then picture them in peril.

Grievous also was a better villain in his actions there, plus his fighting style was better and more interesting.

True, let's be honest, a lot of characters were better designed and had better story arcs in the CW series than the films....Shaak Ti also had a great arc in the 2nd series....too bad she didn't get her due in ROTS.....
    That's a good point, the only reason I bought the ROTS Shaak-Ti figure was because of her turn in CW.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I definitely agree, Genndy turned up the Force powers to 11 on the cartoon
    Why not make 10 the most powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Why not make 10 the most powerful?
    10 is the most powerful, but we are working in hexadecimal. He just wrote 11 because you might have been confused if he said it was turned up to B.