Page 51 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Yeah, it was a great one. I like seeing Jar Jar and 3PO paired up.

I can't wait for the Jedi Jar Jar figure. I don't buy many Star Wars figures anymore...

But that one I have to get for my Binks collection.
    I actually hope we get to see more Jar Jar/Threepio episodes. This one was fun.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Do you all think Durge will show up in this series? He was a great villain in the 2003 series. I'd love to have his character explored more.

And for the second time Nute Gunray has been captured. You'd think that the republic would figure out how to make his charges stick. But he's in ROTS so obviously he escapes...again.

I hope if they do a Durge episode that eventually he is dealt with in the same manner as the comics. Anakin was a force of two-fisted cool in it.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    And for the second time Nute Gunray has been captured. You'd think that the republic would figure out how to make his charges stick. But he's in ROTS so obviously he escapes...again.

I hope if they do a Durge episode that eventually he is dealt with in the same manner as the comics. Anakin was a force of two-fisted cool in it.
    That was actually the only problem I had with the whole episode. I think it would have been better if he had "slipped away in all the confusion" and lived to plot another day.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I really enjoyed last night's show. Jar Jar was actually funny! I loved the interaction between him and C-3PO (or Threeso ). This video explains the pairing of the two, and I thought it was interesting that C-3PO was put there to kind of represent the "older" fans.

I absolutely loved the design of Rodia, and reusing the old McQuarrie swamp slug design was totally sweet, since I love that painting. It was also cool to see Gree and his clones (which are coming in the same wave as Jar Jar).

The episode in two weeks is Luminara and Ahsoka guarding Gunray against Ventress, so I wonder if she will help him escape.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The episode in two weeks is Luminara and Ahsoka guarding Gunray against Ventress, so I wonder if she will help him escape.
    Highly likely since he's not in the Republic's custody in ROTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Highly likely since he's not in the Republic's custody in ROTS.
    But then he'll get captured again and then released and on his way to Utapau right as ROTS is starting.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

This episode kinda sucked IMO, and not for reasons you'd think. First off, it was a bit much to take Padme having this guy as her uncle and having it go down so badly. Second, Jar Jar wasn't funny, it was way over the top beyond slapstick. Third, they didn't even really try to redeem Jar Jar in the story, they just let him have a super-cheap deus ex machina which is a disappointment. Surprisingly, there were a few moments where the Battle Droids actually were funny, for once. But I felt like this ep was VERY forced, the writing stank of "throw-away episode", and didn't give the audience to really get into. They could have done a lot more with the character, given him a real drive and insight instead of leaving him so thin that you wonder how they let him stay on Coruscant, much less walk around the galactic senate.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokedPorter View Post
    Silly episode tonight but still enjoyable. Are they really re-airing the Malevolence series next week? If so, that sucks.
    It's because of the lower viewers due to the holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Favorite quote:

Threepio: The ship has been destroyed.
    Padme: Battle Droids?
    Threepio: No.
    Padme: Jar Jar?
    Threepio: Jar Jar.

I actually felt that if Threepio hadn't said "Jar Jar" at the end, just given a look, it would have been comedy gold. As it played out, it was comedy bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    But then he'll get captured again and then released and on his way to Utapau right as ROTS is starting.
    He'll get captured every 7 episodes, just like Grievous will narrowly avoid a fight with Obi-Wan or Anakin every 2 episodes and let his command ship get destroyed every 4 episodes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Best episode yet.
    No Ahsoka, no zombie-looking Jedi (Padme is the only human character that doesn't look dead in the eyes.) and no Grievous or Ventress!

Jar Jar and Threepio were great together. I loved the hangar bay scenes between them.
    I wouldn't say I was a Jar Jar fan, but I definitely didn't hate him. I thought he got the shaft when it came to epsiodes 2 and 3. George is like "F*ck the haters, these are my movies and I'll do what I want" with every other aspect of the PT, but he all but eliminates Jar Jar when people P*ss and moan.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    First off, it was a bit much to take Padme having this guy as her uncle
    Obviously he wasn't her uncle in the literal sense. It was the same way that I'm "Uncle RB" to Cappy's kids.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Agree about the "B.E.E." aspect (although I substitute "ever" for "yet" to create a word-looking acronym). Saw it on its rerun time Sat. morning (I may do that all the time, now), but missed the first 3-4 minutes; oh well.

My favorite lines?
    The "ship has been destroyed" C3/Padme dialogue.
    "Oh no. Jar Jar is dead again."
    The massive "Roger, roger. Roger, roger" response.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega