California Science Center

While not a true convention, this exhibit sounds cool:
    Quote Originally Posted by A science thingy
    Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination is the first exhibit of its kind, combining costumes and props from all six Star Wars films with real-world technologies, video interviews with filmmakers, scientists and engineers, and two large Engineering Design Labs, where visitors can build and test speeders and robots. Visitors will explore prototypes, learn about the engineers and designers who are creating new technologies, and discover intriguing similarities between how scientists and filmmakers think.

SPECIAL ADMISSION INFORMATION: We anticipate VERY strong demand for the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit. For more information, visit http://goto.californiasciencecenter.org/sw
    I'm heading there in a couple of weekends, perhaps even in costume! (science centers give less mocking for nerdi-ness, so I hear ).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'm heading there in a couple of weekends, perhaps even in costume! (science centers give less mocking for nerdi-ness, so I hear ).
    I headed there today, and it was pretty cool. It had the same costumes, props, and models as the previous exhibits I've been to (Smithsonian in D.C. and Yerba Buena Gardens in SF), but the scientific additions were nice. I went in costume (see various pictures below), and was asked by a few people to pose for pictures with them. I met some 501st-ers (the Stormtrooper by the entrance, others in different costumes) and the Rebel Legion (as Jedis), and even got to rock it out with the Deuce (sir) . All in all, not a bad day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0071+.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	15170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0075+.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	15171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0085+.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	15172  

Here a few more pics, since apparently I just can't get enough of seeing my own ugly mug!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0122+.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	15173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0121+.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	15174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0102+.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	15175  

Wow, good job with The Deuce !

I love the double digits you are holding up in his honor...and it's too bad they won't let the visitors try on Lobot's headgear.

Looks like a fun time, Bel-Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Wow, good job with The Deuce !

I love the double digits you are holding up in his honor...and it's too bad they won't let the visitors try on Lobot's headgear.

Looks like a fun time, Bel-Cam.
    Actually, you can try it on. And after you do so, you get to be part of a "demonstration" with the LAPD tazer and binder cuffs, then they take you to a "special" recreation of the Cloud City holding cell. Loads of fun! (or "lobes" of fun?)

It was fun, especially seeing all the wide-eyes kids at all the props and model, plus those in better costumes than I. There were quite a few lightsaber duels all around the center (make sure to stop by the prosthetics exhibit now, kids ).

thanks for the update and pics BCJ!

i've been meaning to check it out

Dang it! I go back there with a fellow SW fan today, and much of the stuff to buy is 10-25% off. They do have a t-shirt now (it's black, 2-sided, looks okay) but still no true poster. The Millennium Falcon "experience" is so-so, not really Star Wars-esque, more science-esque.