Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hate onions! Who's with me?

I hate onions. I don't mind the flavor so much; I like sour cream and onion chips. But the consistency and texture of onions disgust me. I feel like I'm eating tape worms.

And people always try to tell me, "They're small. You can't even taste them." OK, fine. If you can't taste them then why do you insist on putting them in my food?

I am forming a club. I think I'll call it "NOnions" Who is with me?

I must say, I could do entirely without onions myself. I do like certain oniony things - that same flavor of chips for example, or onion rings from certain restaurants - but raw ones give me horrible heartburn. NOnions it is.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I love onions,garlic, hot peppers etc. I eat them raw all the time. So I guess I'm not with you.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

But I bet you're with TicTacs!!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

If they were made properly you wouldn't notice them.

If they are tape wormy they are overcooked.

That should have a snap or should be small enough not to notice.

But wormy/slimy and gummy they are just prepared wrong.

My wife used to hate onions as a kid but they were liquidfied in the blender and no one noticed them anymore.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I used to dislike them, but now I like them a lot. But peppers, those I can't stand.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

if they're grilled, i'm fine with them. otherwise blech! especially diced onions

Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by QLD View Post
    I used to dislike them, but now I like them a lot. But peppers, those I can't stand.
    Green Peppers are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to peppers.

Yellow / Orange / Red are are awesome....

Raw or cooked...
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Try a blooming onion ...somehow everything is better battered and fried....just look at Whitney Houston.....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Onions rule, I love em.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten