Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    A big part of the problem is that the market is still in love with the repeated hook and god-awful "crunk" aesthetic. Jay-Z, Kanye, Eminem (although I think he is a lousy human being), and Ludacris are legitimately talented big-time modern rappers. I consider most of the Wu-Tang to be relatively underground, so do not include any of them.

Oh, and I think most of the people griping about Britney's weight should take a walk in the mall. 9 out of 10 people they will see over age 14 are in worse shape than Britney. I think she'll continue to tighten up.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I think her body looks terrible in that outfit. She's always had climber's legs and a thick torso.
    She can climb on my torso any day, cuz I thought she looked good in it.

Chubby chaser...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Personally, I find that, aside from the Outkast, rap has been totally stagnant for over a decade. It probably needs to be put out of its misery.
    I've never really had any love for rap. It was kinda boring and lacked anything melodic as far as I was concerned. Hip Hop continued to dumb down music to two notes and a drum pattern. It's dire. Really.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Hip Hop continued to dumb down music to two notes and a drum pattern. It's dire. Really.
    I think that's a bit of an oversimplification really, but to be sure, since the day Rap stopped being "cutting edge" and instead took over as a standard form of pop music, there has been a lot of terrible stuff out there.

Just the same, if you're interested -- like any other genre I suppose -- there's still a lot of good music to be found. It's just that you're not likely to hear it on the VMAs.

Heavy metal needs to make a comeback. Britney can even lead the revolution!

She already poses awesome with an umbrella that she can attack an SUV with. I think she just needs anger-music to back up her performance with.

For an encore, she can smash hair-clippers on stage. I think she has the potential to come out as the new Ozzy!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I was hoping Britney would just go away. If she won't, her shaved head and umbrella rage is perfect for a Plasmatics sort of vibe to her "music".

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    A big part of the problem is that the market is still in love with the repeated hook
    If there were even a memorable hook to speak of, it would be a little more tolerable! LOL
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Brit's a trainwreck, no doubt, but if she needs a place to live I'm all over that (literally).
    She's still hot.

Seriously though I think she will eventually do herself in one way or another then within 2 years of that we'll be seeing her story told on Biography or something.

From her beginners as pedophile-fodder in the school girl outfit right up until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by vader121 View Post
    She's still hot.
    I think I have a coupon for Lens Crafters. Are you interested?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I thought she looked great as well (and I see 20/15, in case anyone else has a glasses coupon), but totally disinterested.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    I thought she looked great as well (and I see 20/15, in case anyone else has a glasses coupon), but totally disinterested.
    I have 20/15 vision as well and she didn't look "great" from here, she looked a little out of shape but not horrible. It's like seeing an athlete once in his prime come back and he's a little paunchy and worn-out looking - we all call them on that, why not this?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.