Has the world gone mad? (OT)

From this:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ltra+galactica

To THIS????

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRE-ORDER-BATTLE...QQcmdZViewItem

Did BSG suddenly surge in popularity or what? Holy cow...

That and Anakin's Yellow JSF in package from Wal-Mart Wave 2 in 2004 are averaging about $25 a shot on Ebay...some as high as $40!

Am I nuts to think that these ships aren't worth THAT much or is the collector price frenzy starting already?

Wow. Maybe I should sell my extra Ultra Galactica's on Ebay.

The Ultra Galactica makes some sense, it was rather difficult to find when it was released. The smallers ones I dunno though, the Vipers and Cylon Raiders make sense that they would increase in value from people probably buying multiples and Hasbro not rereleasing them like Star Wars vehicles. But a preorder for $49? That's ridiculous.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Totally insane! The Pegasus I think is just about the fact that it's not out till wave 3 and is the only Peg item ever, but they're probably missing it's a preorder - idiots.

The yellow JSF was a fairly limited release and it was what, 3 years ago? I would guess it's just because that was the main one in the movie and isn't around now.

Sadly, I do understand the ultra Galactica thing, it's the only Galactica toy at this size and was always hard as hell to find.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs down

I'm glad I decided to not collect Titaniums anymore... some of these seems to go for the price of the rarest AF ships
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I understand about the Anakin Yellow JSF, too...it was in the first 5-pack there for a while as well.

I just think it's silly that it's going for so much already.

As for the Galactica stuff, yeah, true the Ultra was hard to find- I never saw it in retail- got mine from HasbroToyShop.com.

That Pre-Order Pegasus is just screwed up, though.

Wish I could have gotten this early on, too:

Resin Galactica

It's pretty neat- the auctioneer has good photos (including a comparison photo to the Titanium Ultra Galactica).

I rarely get the good deals, dang it

I am just glad that I have decided to only get the 3 inch star wars ships.

Wow, thats insane. I cant believe its that much for some of those. The Ultra as stated is understandable as it never saw the light of day here or anywhere else for that matter.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten