Suspension of Disbelief

I saw Ghost Rider the other night (with Arabic subtitles...that was cool) and I realized that I can easily accept that this guy ignites into a flaming skeleton being, but there is NO WAY that the Army (or whoever) would allow Blackhawk helicopters to be used in a stunt show that could potentially kill a guy. That's just ridiculous.

Am I wrong about that?

What other movie "problems" have you witnessed that you just can't believe are possible?

Suspension of disbelief is crucial to enjoying and appreciating many movies, but there is a point where you just can't do it. I cannot think of too many movie scenes right now for some reason.

I've never been too crazy of Legolas' taking down an Oliphant(sic) in Return of the King. He seemed too freakishly "superhuman" to me. I kept thinking, "Well s**t! Why didn't he just fight the Balrog instead of Gandalf?!?"

This is a hindsight is 20/20 suspension of disbelief malfunction: In Phantom Menace--which is a dreadful movie to begin with--Obi Wan and Qui Gon run really fast at one point, like the Flash. They never do it again in the rest of the trilogy. So I can no longer accept it when the Jedis simply don't run fast when it clearly would make their work so much easier.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    This is a hindsight is 20/20 suspension of disbelief malfunction: In Phantom Menace--which is a dreadful movie to begin with--Obi Wan and Qui Gon run really fast at one point, like the Flash. They never do it again in the rest of the trilogy. So I can no longer accept it when the Jedis simply don't run fast when it clearly would make their work so much easier.
    Why is it Jedi can sense danger etc. at times and then later they have NO CLUE as to what is going to happen.... also see Man, Spider for a similar example.

I suspend disbelief at the fact that I actually fork over $8.50 to see Hollywood's "finest" at the local cinema...I'm a sucker.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a movie that didn't require at least some suspension of disbelief. That's why they're movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a movie that didn't require at least some suspension of disbelief. That's why they're movies.
    What Jersey Girl?