Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VaderCast Invites You to "Write a Dooku Haiku" and Win!

I have the particular honor of being part of the on-air staff of VaderCast (www.vadercast.com), a Texas-baseded Star Wars podcast. Eight episodes have been recorded in the less than a year that this podcast has been available online (at least five of which are edited and available for download on the website) and more will be recorded in the coming months, including a special live recording at All-Con 2007 (www.all-con.org) in Addison, TX in March!

To make the event that much more interactive for our listeners, both locally and wherever they may be in the world, I came up with a little competition that invites listeners to write a "Dooku Haiku". Visit the VaderCast website to get the full details and rules and submit your entries. You may have your haiku read on the podcast when we record on Sunday, March 19, 2007 at All-Con 2007! You might even have your Haiku judged the best of the bunch and win two Star Wars Bust-Ups figurines, one of which is the rare convention exclusive Darth Vader enshrouded in translucent flames!

The basics of this contest are simple enough. You can submit up to five haiku that feature the infamous Jedi Knight turned Lord of the Sith, Count Dooku (a.k.a. Darth Tyranus) no later than March 3, 2007. The haiku must fit the basic five syllable/seven syllable/five syllable format of haiku as most simply defined and must be about Dooku, either by name or by subject (see rules on the website for examples).

I look forward to seeing some haiku from members SSG as part of the overall mix! You may have your haiku read during our All-Con podcast before a live audience. Who knows, you might even win our grand prize! Entries are already rolling in so don't delay! You can send submissions direct to me if you wish (since that is where they all wind up anyway). Either way please let me know that you heard about this on SSG as I want to be sure to mention that should any SSG members' contributions be in the winning mix.

And if you have not already, check out VaderCast and download our podcasts. If you love Star Wars you will really enjoy the variety of topics, discussions, humor, and insights we bring to each episode.

Edit: fixed link
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 02-22-2007 at 03:05 AM.

Linky no worky.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

It looks like it's counting the closing parenthesis as part of the link.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I edited the link. Works fine now.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I edited the link. Works fine now.
    Thank you Kidhuman! My hero!

Does this mean I automatically win if I submit an entry?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Does this mean I automatically win if I submit an entry?
    Entrys have been slow to arrive so your chances are pretty good at this point!

But honestly I am hopeful that the SSG community will join this contest en masse. I would love to be able to report that the bulk of our entries came from SSG members!

Deadline for "Dooku Haiku" Approaches!

With just under a week before the deadline for the "Write a Dooku" Haiku contest expires (March 3, 2007) I am surprised to discover not a single entry from SSG members! To help things along I am posting a couple of example haiku along with the rules below. I hope this will prompt a few entries before the upcoming deadline:

Dooku by Name:
    I, Darth Tyranus (5)
    Also known as Count Dooku (7)
    Will kill Skywalker (5)
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Dooku as Subject:[/FONT]
    He left the Jedi (5)
    Served a Dark Lord of the Sith (7)
    Then he lost his head (5)

I wrote these as examples of the two approches to a Dooku Haiku. You don't have to mention him by name to qualify. Now the rules:

1. All haiku must adhere to the 5-7-5 sylable rule outlined above.
    2. No more than five (5) haiku per entrant.
    3. This contest is open to entrants worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
    4. You need not be present at All-Con 2007 (March 19, 2007 recording) to win. We will mail the prize to the winning entrant.
    5. All haiku submitted will become the property of vadercast.com and can be read on our podcasts even if they are not finalists. Credit will be given to the author when any haiku are read on the podcast. All finalist haiku will be read at the recording on March 19, however even non-placing haiku may be read on future podcasts.
    6. All entries must be received no later than 10 PM on Saturday, March 3, 2007.
    7. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email no later than March 20, 2007. All finalist and Grand Prize haiku will be published on the VaderCast website in April or May (after the March 19 recorded podcast has been available for download for at least two weeks).

That is the short form of the rules. I hope this will garner some Dooku Haiku entries from SSG. You can email your entries direct to me since I am wrangling them up to the deadline. The VaderCast staff will reveiw and vote on the best enries.
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]

I just submitted one.

To me it sounded correct but some of them damn syllables I'm not sure about.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I will PM you one now.