Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lot of news on Cyber-Bullying lately

It seems every freaking channel has had to devote an inordinate amount of news time to cyber-bullying lately.

Something like two-thirds of kids have been insulted or had their feelings hurt online.

MrJabbaJohnL, you're a dork.

There, I've done my part to aid progress.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Do we have a "snoring" smilie? I hate these stupid reports. Last night they ran a "news" story about how sexual predators were contacting kids via Nintendo DS units. I'm sure that doesn't happen as much as they are suggesting. Stupid February sweeps!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The reason there are so many online predators is simple: There are way too many stupid parents who turn a blind eye to anything their kids do, online or in the real world.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The reason there are so many online predators is simple: There are way too many stupid parents who turn a blind eye to anything their kids do, online or in the real world.

That's 'cos there are too many people who don't have what it takes to BE parents in the first place. They are too busy wanting to live their own lives without even considering the fact that "their lives" don't really exist anymore. The kids come first... always!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

They must be talking about Xbox Live. I can't tell you how many smart @$$ twelve-year olds I've told off there. Mainly I've told them that I'm their real father. They shouldn't take it seriously, though. I mean, if your feelings are hurt from an online insult, you must obviously have some psychological issues.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I was talking with Mrs Chuxter after the most recent news article on this.

If you say to a friend, or even an acquaintance, "You ****head," your tone of voice, etc, can tell him or her that you're joking.

Say the same thing online, with the same intent, and it doesn't necessarily come across the same way.

Like what I said earlier about JJL. I meant that. He's a dork.

(Counting the seconds until said dork replies.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've ben at forums where the phrase bully has been thrown around and people have been deleted for basically doing as chux describes. joshing banter misconstrued by the emotionally immature and uber sensitive.

My view is that if thesepeople get so upset by a few words ontheir computer screen god help them in the real world where people can be even plainer in expresing opinions. might as well all file lawsuits against the world and get it over and done with. all sue each other so no-one loses any money and everyone can get on with life the way it should be.

awww, poor slicker has to deal with all of us bullies

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    That's 'cos there are too many people who don't have what it takes to BE parents in the first place. They are too busy wanting to live their own lives without even considering the fact that "their lives" don't really exist anymore. The kids come first... always!!!!
    While it theory, that sounds like the right attitude, it also sounds like one of those ideas that comes from someone who doesn't have their own children. Of course we, as parents, place a high priority on what the kids need before our own needs, but a depressed or disappointed parent is going to make a lousy role model. Yes, you think of your kids first, but if you're not first happy yourself, then everything that follows will be suspect unless you are a very very good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Do we have a "snoring" smilie?

Here ya go!!! Next time find it on your own you lazy arse. (You've been bullied)

thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten