Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have dreams I actually don't post about

I just had a dream that prompted such a good idea I just wrote a story outline for it.

It's actually science fiction and has a spaceship involved with it (though that's a very marginal point - most of my story idea is centered on earth).

But wow is this a good and (almost) original idea! Some elements of it have been done in varying degrees I think (by Star Trek most memorably - though my twist on the topic matter is different enough). Meanwhile, my take on the story idea is to spin tragic social commentary about it.

But yes, I come up with some good ones from time to time and if I can go somewhere with them, I don't dump them here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So basically we are the dumping ground for all your carp, while you hoard the good stuff.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    So basically we are the dumping ground for all your carp, while you hoard the good stuff.
    True dat.

Hey, wouldn't you want to get paid for the good stuff, too?

Besides, assuming that I'm a halfway decent writer and that my personal ambitions will turn out to be possible (after I hire a lawyer, after I hire an agent - I've looked into this and it takes an investment so that what they say about "having to have money to make money" rings true), I need to put months of effort into really crafting a good tale. That might take (and currently is taking) hundreds of pages to tell.

How it is presented can make the difference as to whether it is "good stuff" or "crap" as well.

Plus you have to do re-reads and re-writes. Many will just read a book to learn its conclusion. I admit to handling novels like that myself.

I want to make every chapter exciting, interesting, and completely relevant. (It's one reason I wound up with nearly 16 characters I feature at different points in the story I'm working on now). In this way, I hope my readers will enjoy the journey, not just arriving at the destination.

I have to be careful when I tell a story from a new character's point of view so that it doesn't lose the reader and they like the next character I bring into the story. At the same time it's fun because it keeps the reader guessing who my real protagonists are, as well as who actually turns out to be "the bad guys."

This story is really compelling to me, and trust me - I never desired to write something this complex and even should it turn out successful - I don't want to bury myself with this kind of trouble again.

My latest prompt I dreamed up is far more simpler and maybe late next summer I could see myself working with it (I have a few story possibilities to choose from including a prequel to the work I'm doing now, which I'd tend to favor).

So we'll see how things go. I guess.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thank you Tycho for sparing us.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I had a dream that I came to SSG and didn't see posts about people's lame *** dreams.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I have dreams I actually don't post about
    ...and for that, most of us are grateful.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well, I took a nap this evening and I did have a dream. However it was not any grand dream deserving of its own thread or anything.

I dreamt I was jet skiing again. I used to own one before my brain exploded and I almost died the other summer (stuff happens). Well, I remembered exactly how it felt to control the jet ski jumping the waves and angle my approaches toward them while heading out to sea and then racing them back in towards shore. In my dream, I even recalled how my engine would stall and I'd be hitting my starter from time to time - and what that felt like - the button under my thumb on my handlebar.

Then there was the throttle grip. I had a thumb trigger I always wanted to get a custom grip alteration done on so I'd have a finger bar throttle like a motorcycle. I think they make them purposely that way so people spend hundreds to accessorize them.

Well, I'm not sure I have the energy to ride like that any more, but I woke up wanting to buy another one.

I dreamed that a hamburger was eating me!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I dreamed that a hamburger was eating me!!
    Oh, cool! Maybe you could photoshop a picture? I'll try if I have time....

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Oh, cool! Maybe you could photoshop a picture? I'll try if I have time....
    You still don't get the Seinfeld reference.

I know, I know...you don't watch it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed